Fried Chicken. Tom Kerridge's amazing fried chicken recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings for juicy, smoky, spicy fast food. Match it with coleslaw for a touch of nostalgia. Fried chicken is an unsurpassable takeaway choice that always hits the spot.
Find the secret to crispy and moist fried chicken, with our fried chicken recipes for a special family-pleasing meal. It's not an exact match for KFC but its fairly close and tastes great. You can also use the mixed spices on pork, etc. You can cook Fried Chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken tenders.
- Prepare 3 of Chinese spoon Flour.
- You need 2 of Chinese spoon starch.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 2.5 of Chinese spoon Soy sauce.
- It’s 1.5 of Chinese spoon 料酒.
- You need 1.5 of sesame oil.
- You need 0.5 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
I am still working on perfecting it, messing around with different spices and the amounts but. The gravy is great on the chicken, but mash up some potatoes with some butter and cream and bake up some cornbread or biscuits and you have the quintessential southern meal with some northern urban twists. Serve with your baked sweet potatoes, cabbage pickle and some salad leaves. In a large frying pan, heat oil for frying.
Fried Chicken instructions
- Mix chicken tenders and "marinade" in a ziploc bag, set aside for at least 20 min.
- Add egg, flour, starch and rub.
- Fry with medium heat oil for 5 min then increase to max heat until brown.
While it's heating up, set aside a large serving plate lined with paper towels. In a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, using tongs, transfer chicken into pot, then pour in the milk. Bring milk to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low allowing to simmer until the chicken. Fried chicken is strictly a floured affair – battered chicken being something else entirely. As Colwin says, "no egg, no crumbs, no crushed Rice Krispies".