Alfredo Sauce. In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream. Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour.
Melt butter in a saucepan or skillet over medium low heat. Alfredo sauce is a popular American take on the classic Italian white pasta sauce. It's one of the quickest-to-prepare sauces you'll ever get your hands on. You can have Alfredo Sauce using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 of stick- Butter.
- You need 3 of Cups- Half and Half.
- You need 16oz (2 bricks) of Cream Cheese-.
- It’s To taste of Grated Parmesan/Romano (I just dump some in for now and taste it after everything is heated then add more if needed).
- You need To taste of Salt.
- You need To taste of Pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare To taste of Italian Seasoning but a light dusting (be careful, this is a strong seasoning).
- Prepare of Chicken.
- Prepare As needed of Chicken Breasts.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- It’s To taste of Pepper.
- You need To taste of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s of White Rice- # of cups you want (it’ll double in amount).
- You need of Water- double the he amount of water to rice (ex: 1 cup rice / 2 cups water).
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare To taste of Pepper.
- You need To taste of Butter.
Not to mention that it's tasty, creamy and satisfying. If you're running short of time and need to improvise a quick and yet delicious pasta sauce, this is the one for you. Meanwhile, put the cream in a saucepan with the butter and a little grated nutmeg and warm through gently. Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to lay over pasta noodles.
Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°, and prepare chicken breasts. Place them in a 13×9 glass baking dish all touching one another so they stay moist. Season the tops of the chicken. Once oven is preheated, bake for 30-40 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, prep rice (you can use pasta, but I wanted rice this time). Get a sauce pan with a lid that’ll fit the amount of rice you want to cook. (I use jasmine rice, and I also like to use a bigger sauce pan so it gives it room to cook and the watery bubbles won’t overflow)..
- Rinse rice a few times to wash off the starch. Add the amount of water you need depending on how many cups of rice you used (just double it). Place on stove with lid on, and turn burner on high until it starts to boil..
- Once boiling, turn burner down to simmer and cook for 20 minutes. DO NOT LIFT LID UNTIL RICE IS DONE! (It won’t cook right if you do). When rice is done, add in butter and seasonings and stir well. Rice is finished!.
- For the alfredo sauce, I used a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add in your butter cut into chunks (so it’ll melt faster). Once the butter melts, add in half and half, cream cheese (cut into chunks) and add rest of ingredients. I use a silicone coated wire whisk so I don’t scratch my pan. But keep mixing, and once it comes to a low boil turn heat down to low. Keep mixing until done. Adjust seasonings depending on your taste..
- All done! Now combine everything together on your plate and enjoy!.
It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese. Adding seasonings and cream cheese for a thickener I like to blend a rich, creamy sauce together that is simple and irresistible. Alfredo sauce is often sold as a convenience food in grocery stores in many countries. Unlike the original preparation, which is thickened only by cheese, the prepared food and fast food versions of Alfredo may be thickened with eggs or starch. Our easy chicken alfredo pasta recipe is rich, creamy and the perfect antidote to hunger pangs.