Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics & Find your next favourite book Quick And Easy Sweet Peppers Recipe Explore Our Recipe Collection Arrange the sliced bread in the baking dish in a pleasing way. In a separate bowl, beat together the milk, brown sugar, raisins, nutmeg and egg then pour over the bread. Sprinkle the top with golden caster sugar.
Break sweet bread into pieces (not too small). Spread apple pie filling on top of the sweet bread. Combine cooled milk mixture with beaten eggs. You can have Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe
- You need 8 cups of stale bread that's been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.).
- It’s 4 of large eggs plus 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of +3/4 cups whole milk.
- You need 3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt (a little less if you're using regular table salt).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
Have now made three using this recipe. In a large bowl, mix together bread cubes and pecans. Place the mixture evenly in the pan. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar.
Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved..
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible..
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly..
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan – if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them..
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set..
Add cream and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine. Delicious warm with custard or cold as a cake. Cut the crusts off the bread. Spread each slice with on one side with butter, then cut into triangles. Arrange a layer of bread, buttered-side up, in.