Super Moist Carrot Cake. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
This includes brown sugar for sweetness, oil for moisture, a softer crumb, and flavor, yogurt for moisture, eggs to bind everything together, and vanilla extract for flavor. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. You can cook Super Moist Carrot Cake using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Super Moist Carrot Cake
- You need 3 of eggs room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 3/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1,5 cup of white sugar (less sweet:1 1/8 cup).
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour (250 gr).
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 cups of shredded carrot (small shredded) 240 gram.
- You need 3/4 cup of desiccated coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnut (115 gr).
- Prepare 226 gr of canned crushed pineapple (I don’t use the syrup). From canned pineapple chunks, i chopped to smaller size as I cannot find canned crushed pineapple.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- You need 1 (250 gr) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- You need 115 gr of unsalted butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of icing sugar (original recipe is 2 cups but i like it not too sweet) sifted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Lemon juice/zest (optional).
Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work. In a seperate bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and the salt; Whisk to combine.
Super Moist Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 175 celcius. Grease and flour 2 8” round pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well..
- Divide the batter into 2 portions. Pour each portion into prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Check with toothpick..
- Allow the cake to cool before assembling the cake with cream cheese frosting.
- For cream cheese frosting: beat cream cheese and butter with mixer until creamy. Mix in the vanilla extract and the icing sugar gradually. Add lemon 🍋 juice/zest if using. Tips: if the frosting is too sweet, lemon juice will balance the sweetness and add a nice flavour too..
- Assemble the cake: take half of the frosting, spread it on 1 cooled cake. Put another cake on top and spread the remaining frosting all over the cake. Keep in the fridge for few hours before serving.
Add dry mixture into wet mixture a little at a time. Add the flour mixture to the mixer with wet ingredients and mix until just combined and all flour pockets are gone – do not overmix. Fold in the finely shredded carrots. Flour, sugar, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine and set aside.