Salisbury Steak. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Our Shilajit Resin is very safe.
Hamburger salisbury steak with gravy is a classic dinner that is inexpensive and so easy to make. Method For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. This American physician spent his career promoting a meat-centered diet and thus, the Salisbury steak was born. You can have Salisbury Steak using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salisbury Steak
- You need of Salisbury steak.
- Prepare 1/2 of kilo Ground beef.
- It’s 1 pc of Beef cube.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mustard powder (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Gravy.
- It’s 1 pc of Beef cube.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 pc of Onion (sliced).
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 cups of Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn starch (dissolved in water).
In a medium bowl, combine egg, cracker crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and sage. In my recipe, there's just two little things I do differently to the usual Salisbury Steak recipe that takes these up a notch: Salisbury Steak is actually a version of Hamburger Steak (technically Hamburg Steak as the German's would say). Although Salisbury Steak differs from Hamburger Steak in that it allows for other filling and flavorful ingredients (very similar to meatloaf) whereas Hamburger Steak is just meat and seasonings. Salisbury steak is an American take on Hamburg steak.
Salisbury Steak step by step
- Combine all steak ingredients except for the oil and butter..
- Freeze the beef cube and grate it into the mixture. Mix everything together..
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten it and place in a clean plate..
- Melt butter in a pan and add olive oil. Pan fry each side for 4 mins. Set aside..
- Prepare the gravy by putting the oil used to cook with the burger patty into a sauce pan..
- Sauté the onion until soft. Add ketchup, Worchestershire sauce and water. Let it boil..
- Add the beef cube. Stir and continue to cook for 2 mins..
- Add the dissolved corn starch in water. Stir until gravy thickens..
- Pour the gravy onto the salisbury steak..
Essentially, it's a seasoned ground beef patty served with gravy or a brown sauce. Watch how to make this recipe. For the meat mixture: Combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and some salt and pepper. How to Make Salisbury Steak Start by mixing together the patty mixture, then shaping the patties and searing them in a skillet. Next, cook the mushrooms and onions, and add a simple sauce of tomato paste, mustard, and beef broth.