Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce. Rinse and with paperwork, pat dry your catfish. Whisk egg in a bowl add milk and whisk until blended. In another bowl mix all your dry ingredients well.
In a third shallow dish or plate, combine the cornmeal and flax meal. Season the catfish with the rest of the salt and pepper. Dredge each fillet in the flour mixture and shake off the excess. You can cook Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of Catfish Nuggets or Filets Frozen or Fresh.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of Yellow Cornmeal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Wondra, or Regular Flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Creole seasoning (if desired).
- Prepare 1 of Black Pepper and Salt, To Taste.
- It’s 1 of Enough Oil To Halfway Cover Catfish In Large Pan.
- Prepare 1 of Dilly Tarter Sauce Recipe Follows!.
First, I dredge the fish in some whole wheat flour and spices. Next, I coat the fish in egg whites. Finally, place the fish in a seasoned cornmeal coating for that crispy goodness. The fish is baked until crispy and served with the tartar sauce.
Crispy Catfish with Dilly Tarter Sauce step by step
- Rinse and with paperwork, pat dry your catfish..
- Whisk egg in a bowl add milk and whisk until blended..
- In another bowl mix all your dry ingredients well..
- Pre-heat the oil in your pan to about 350° degrees.
- Dip your cat fish nuggets in buttermilk and egg mixture. Shake of excess and dip in the dry mixture. Coat well!.
- Carefully place your catfish nuggets in the pan, being careful not to overcrowd. Cook until golden brown, flipping once. Remove from oil, drain on papertowels and season with salt and pepper..
- Enjoy with Dilly Tarter Sauce! Recipe Follows!.
- Dilly Tarter Sauce Mix 1 Cup Mayo * 1/4 Cup Minced Onion * 1/4 Cup Minced Dill Pickle * 2 Tablespoons Pickle Juice * Dash Of Salt and Pepper To Taste Mix All, Put In Fridge For One Hour To Let Flavors Combine..
This fried catfish is flavored with red pepper, garlic salt and onion powder after being coated in egg wash and dipped in cornmeal. Serve the crispy catfish with a side a tartar sauce. Recipe courtesy of McCormick Crispy Catfish Cakes. Mix together all of the dry ingredients on a plate and set them aside. Whisk together the egg and milk on a separate plate.