Fried Tofu Soup. Great recipe for Fried Tofu Soup. Deep fried tofu is one of my favorite snacks. Add these in boiling water and seasoning, and the soup is ready. #soup #tofu #meatballs #fishballs #Asianfood #dinner Pour the broth over the cabbage and bring back up to heat, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
Place in the bottom of a large soup bowl. Place ramen and broth on top of sprouts. Stir fry remaining vegetables and place them on the noodles. You can have Fried Tofu Soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Tofu Soup
- You need 1 pc of big square tofu.
- You need 1 handful of sliced Asian meatballs (optional).
- You need 1 handful of chopped greens (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped garlic sauteed with 1 tsp oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of scallions.
- You need 600 ml of water (for the soup).
- Prepare of Chicken powder, salt and pepper, light soy sauce (to taste).
- You need of Dry rice vermicelli or if you prefer, steamed rice (optional).
- It’s of Hot water for soaking the vermicelli.
Arrange fried tofu on the vegetables and drizzle a little sesame oil on top of everything. Heat water, daikon radish, and thin fried tofu in a saucepan until daikon turn translucent. Add miso paste and stir until miso is completely melted. Add thick deep-fried tofu after vegetables are cooked to a certain extent.
Fried Tofu Soup instructions
- Make the tofu earlier: cut the square tofu into 4 triangles, fry until golden brown. Let cool, store in fridge..
- Soak the dry rice vermicelli in hot water. Cover until it's softened. Drain, put in bowls. Season with light soy sauce. Set aside..
- Boil the water, add sauteed garlic, chicken powder, salt and pepper..
- Add tofu and meatballs. Boil for a minute or two. Add the chopped greens and scallions..
- Serve hot over rice vermicelli or steamed rice..
Fried tofu retains its texture quite well in soup, adding a nice bite of savory crunch. And while a less healthy choice than soft or firm tofu, a little fried tofu can go a long way. Think of it more as a crispy garnish to top off your soup at the end of cooking. A staple in many Asian cuisines, most traditional soup recipes that call for tofu are based on Asian flavors. Add the fried tofu to soup.