Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice. Press chicken legs into your dry seasoning and place on a lifted [important] greased rack. Can be served by itself or over rice for a complete meal in itself. Season with bay leaves, cayenne pepper, thyme, sage, parsley, and Cajun seasoning.
No matter if you are looking for Gulf shrimp, Crawfish, Alligator meat, Oysters, Turducken, or any other Cajun food. Add oil and set to saute; add sausage and brown, remove and set aside. My obsession with crispy white beans started by accident. You can have Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice using 46 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice
- It’s of ● For The Chicken.
- You need 6 of Oversized Chicken Drumsticks [rinsed – patted dry – trimmed].
- It’s of ● For The Chicken Marinade.
- Prepare 2 (14.5 oz) of Cans Swansons Chicken Broth [with sodium].
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 (8 oz) of Can Crushed Tomatoes [with herbs].
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 3 Dashes of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 4 Dashes of Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Dried Chives.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Basil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt [optional – taste test marinade first].
- It’s of ● For The Crispy Dry Coating.
- It’s 1 Box of Your Favorite Chicken Coating [we used Progresso & Panko].
- It’s 1 tsp of Tony Chachere's Seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of ● For The Red Beans & Rice.
- It’s 1 Pound of Fine Chopped Precooked Andulie Or Boudin Sausage.
- Prepare 1 (7 oz) of Pkg Tony Satcheres Red Beans & Rice [a great cheater!].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Louisiana Roasted Garlic Or Louisiana Regular Hot Sauce.
- Prepare 3 (14.5 oz) of Cans Low Sodium Chicken Or Beef Broth [or mix them].
- Prepare 3 Bags of Uncle Ben's Pre-steamed White Rice.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of Can Drained Can Kidney Beans.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fine Chopped Vidalia Onions.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fine Chopped Celery [with leaves].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Orange Bell Pepper [de-seeded].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Green Bell Pepper [de-seeded].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fine Chopped Red Bell Peppers [de-seeded].
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of Can Hunts Crushed Tomatoes With Herbs.
- It’s 2 Dashes of Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper [+ reserves].
- You need 2 Dashes of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- It’s of ● For The Breads.
- Prepare of Regular Or Jalapeño Cornbread.
- You need of ● For The Kitchen Equipment.
- You need 1 of LG Lifted Baking Rack.
- It’s 1 of Medium Frying Pan.
- It’s 1 of LG Cooking Pot.
Ten years ago, I lived with my sister, Marta, just after she graduated from college, and we roasted a lot of chickens together. Sort beans and rinse with cold water. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Add the ham bone, water and salt.
Mike's Crispy Cajun Legs Over Red Beans & Rice step by step
- Here's what you'll need for your Cajun Chicken in steps #1 and #2..
- Louisiana Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce pictured..
- Marinate your dethawed chicken legs for 3+ hours in the fridge. Flip and massage legs occasionally..
- Create your dry chicken coating..
- Press chicken legs into your dry seasoning and place on a lifted [important] greased rack. Add additional Cayenne Pepper to chicken. We always do. Bake at 400° for 45 to 60 minutes. Check occasionally for any signs of burning..
- Sauté your vegetables in a minimal amount of oil until translucent in a pan. 2 to 3 minutes..
- Heat your broth with your spices. Bring to a simmer. Mix well..
- Add everything else to your broth. Break up your precooked rice. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Serve with cornbread and Louisiana Hot Sauce. Enjoy!.
For the beans: In a large pot or container, combine beans, salt, and water and stir until salt dissolves. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and a pinch of salt. I show how to cook Cajun Red Beans, Rice, and Sausage with Cornbread. How to Make Red Beans and Rice – the Recipe Method. First, heat a large pot to medium heat and add the olive oil.