Grilled Skirt Steak. Daily Sales You Don't Want to Miss! Buy Home Furniture & Decor Online Now. Prepare a grill by lightly oiling grates or spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
It's also fabulous on the grill. Skirt steak is a flat, long piece of meat, that although filled with connective tissue and therefore a bit tough, takes on a marinade nicely, with the meat's loose structure allowing for good absorption of flavors. Because it is a tougher, thinner cut of meat, skirt steak benefits from a short cooking time over high heat. You can cook Grilled Skirt Steak using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Skirt Steak
- You need 1 of Skirt Steak.
- It’s of Juice of 1 Lime.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Pineapple Juice.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Olive Oil.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Fresh Mint.
- Prepare of Fresh Oregano.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- You need of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare of Chili Flakes.
Lay the skirt steak on the grill so it's directly over the heat source. Then cover the grill and let the steak cook until it looks charred on the outside. Use tongs to turn the steak over halfway through the cooking time. Preheat a grill or large skillet for medium-high heat.
Grilled Skirt Steak instructions
- Combine juices, herbs, garlic, oil and spices. Mix well..
- Place marinade and steak into a large freezer bag. Be sure to get the meat nice and coated. Place in fridge for an hour. Flip bag after 30 minutes..
- Place on a hot grill. The size of the steak will determine the cooking time. I cooked this for 7 minutes on one side and about three on the other side. When it looked like this, I determined it was done..
- Let rest then slice across the grain of the meat. This turned out just fine for me. Juicy and tender..
- Since it cooks so fast, I recommend it be one of the last items going on the grill. Enjoy..
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill and oil the grill grates. Grilling might just be the best way to cook up a skirt steak. The intense heat gives the succulent and flavorful cut a rich char that's smoky and crisp at the edges. The trick is to get the fire. Skirt steaks are usually grilled at three different ranges of temperatures: medium, rare or medium rare.