Crockpot Red beans and rice. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Our delicious meal kits are the perfect kitchen sidekick for even the busiest schedules. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray!
Directions: Optional: Soak the beans overnight Rinse the beans under cool, running water. Place in a large bowl or pot and cover. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. You can cook Crockpot Red beans and rice using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Red beans and rice
- Prepare of 14oz pack of smoked sausage.
- You need of kidney beans.
- You need of pig butter (bacon grease).
- You need of green bell pepper.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning (I buy in bulk at natural food store you can use whatever brand you want).
- It’s of granulated garlic.
- Prepare of celery seed.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of rice (2 cups uncooked as rice doubles in size when cooking).
Put the beans in the crockery insert of a slow cooker. Instructions Rinse and drain the beans. Add everything but the rice to the crock pot. Instructions Sort and soak Red Beans overnight.
Crockpot Red beans and rice step by step
- Chop up peppers and sauage.
- Fry up the peppers and sausage in the bacon fat (feel free to use whatever you want to fry it in for you health nuts but I like the flavor it gives) if not using bacon grease add dash of salt..
- Rinse canned beans and add to crock pot.
- Add all the spices to the pot and mix in the chicken broth.
- Add sautéed peppers and sausage when the sausage is good and browned..
- Let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Pour over rice and enjoy.
I generally just do this in the Crock-Pot. First thing in the morning, drain and rinse the Red Beans. Transfer to crock pot or slow cooker. Here's the updated version of the crock pot I'm using. Stir in broth, water, beans, and sausage.