Nashville Hot Fried Chicken. Carefully place chicken into hot oil, skin side down. Nashville hot chicken recipe Satisfyingly crunchy, spiced fried chicken Credit: Haarala Hamilton and Valerie Berry Y ou can use a mixture of chicken thighs, wings, drumsticks and halved chicken. See my instructions in the recipe card below for exact details on how to fry chicken.
Nashville Hot Chicken begins with fried chicken. It is the base of the recipe and needs to be fabulous on its own to hold up to the sauce. Once the hot chicken is fried, it is then topped with a sauce created with several different spices. You can have Nashville Hot Fried Chicken using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- It’s of boneless chicken thighs for you could use bone-in chicken.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning or you can make your own.
- It’s of brown sugar.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of lard cooking fat.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
Hot chicken (or Nashville hot chicken) is a type of fried chicken that is a local specialty of Nashville, Tennessee, in the United States. Nashville Hot is a type of fried chicken that is typically marinated in buttermilk, breaded and seasoning, and fried in a deep fryer, pressure cooker, or sometimes pan-fried. Albuquerque, New Mexico's first Nashville style fried hot chicken. There are six levels of spice to choose from.
Nashville Hot Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash your chicken and trim fat, if you'd like..
- Place your chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning and brown sugar and coat well using your hands. There is no measurements for the seasoning use as much as you would like..
- Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, hot sauce in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat the Lard cooking fat in a cast iron skillet until temperature reach 350 degrees. Make sure there is enough grease in the skillet to slightly cover the chicken while frying. Dip one chicken in the egg and buttermilk mixture after that dip it into the all-purpose flour shake off excessive flour. Repeat this with the remaining chicken..
- Find the chicken in batches 15 – 17 minutes for boneless chicken breast 18 to 20 minutes if you were using bone-in chicken. Cook until crispy and dark golden use a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken register 165 degrees. Oil temperature will drop after chicken pieces are added to the oil. Adjust the temperature during frying as necessary to maintain a steady temperature of 325 degrees..
- Remove chicken from the oil. Use a wire rack to drain the oil from the chicken..
- Using a heatproof bowl such as a metal bowl or a glass bowl. Please do not use a plastic Bowl. Add Cajun seasoning and brown sugar along with two to three ladles of cooking grease and mix well..
- Baste the Fried Chicken with the spiced oil… serve immediately. This recipe is totally off the hook. Try it and enjoy..
- You can get a video tutorial by checking out my YouTube channel Ray Mack's kitchen and Grill..
None, mild, mediumn, hot, cluckin' hot and really cluckin' hot. There's a spicy level for everyone! The "hot" twist comes from North Nashville's beloved Prince's Hot Chicken restaurant. Supposedly, the original owner's girlfriend fried him up a piece of secretly pepper-doused chicken as revenge for cheating. He loved it so much he opened a restaurant specializing in the mouth-burning stuff!