Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice. Find Deals on Cajun Red Beans in Beans & Grains on Amazon. Add salt, pepper, cajun seasoning to taste. Stir in some water until you have the consistency you like.
CREOLE CREAMY BEANS: Our Creole style canned beans are a perfect start to any Southern dish. Mix with sausage or meat, or use to make soup & chili. Our bean varieties include navy, pinto, & red beans. You can have Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice
- Prepare of Sausage.
- You need of andouille sausage.
- Prepare of Seasoning blend (onions, peppers, celery).
- You need of Dried kidney beans.
- Prepare of Dale's low sodium marinade.
- Prepare of liquid smoke flavor (hickory).
- Prepare of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of medium bay leaves.
- It’s of low sodium creole seasoning.
- It’s of hot water.
- You need of butter.
- You need of Serving Suggestions.
- You need of Cooked rice.
Add the andouille sausage, Cajun seasonings, thyme, sage, salt and pepper, red beans and chicken broth. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce the heat. Now – nothing against oil and butter, but when it comes to adding meaty, smoky flavor and richness, lots of red beans & rice fans claim there's nothing better than bacon grease. Bring to a boil and reduce to a bare simmer.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice instructions
- Rinse and Soak beans as you normally would..
- Cut sausage, and andouille, brown well in skillet with seasoning blend. Let stick well to bottom without burning..
- Add soaked beans to slow cooker or thick iron pot..
- Add browned seasoning blend and sausages to the pot..
- Deglaze the skillet. Add 1 cup water to skillet off heat, scrape all the brown up into the water making a dark flavorful broth. Add to pot..
- Add all other seasoning to the pot..
- Pour enough water to cover all ingredients. Slow cook on high in slow cooker for about 4-5 hours until tender to your liking. Or Slow cook in iron pot for 3-4 hours one a low med heat making sure not to stick, adding more water if necessary until tender to your liking..
- After beans are tender turn off heat, stir in 2 sticks butter till melted, mash with potato masher, or back of spoon until creamy enough for your liking..
- Serve over cooked rice..
Add some into your casserole dishes to enhance the flavor. Even A Simple Meal Like Beans Is Turned Into A Real Taste Sensation. Red beans and rice is a southern staple! These beans are even better than Popeye's. They are so creamy and flavorful, with the perfect Cajun spice!