Chicken cordon bleu. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders The food you really want is just a tap away. Order online or on Just Eat app. Food fresh from your favourite restaurants direct to your door.
Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu is breaded and then fried. We opted to skip the frying and bake ours instead. It takes what is otherwise a tedious recipe and simplifies it a bit. You can have Chicken cordon bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken cordon bleu
- It’s 1 of deli roasted chicken rotisserie.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 C of milk.
- It’s 2 t of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 t of salt.
- It’s 1/4 t of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of deli sliced ham.
- It’s 1 C of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Prepare 5 oz of croutons partially crushed.
The classic way to make Chicken Cordon Bleu involves breast pounded until thin, layered with ham and cheese, rolled into a log, chilled, dredged in flour then egg then breadcrumbs then deep fried (and you need a lot of oil to deep fry them). Classic Chicken Cordon Bleu is breaded and then fried. We opted to skip the frying and bake ours instead. It takes what is otherwise a tedious recipe and simplifies it a bit.
Chicken cordon bleu instructions
- Shred chicken and add to a large bowl along with cream of chicken soup, milk, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix until blended then pour into a 9 x 13 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray..
- Roughly chop ham and layer on top of chicken mixture then top with shredded swiss cheese..
- Top casserole with partially crushed croutons..
- Cover with foil..
- Loosely cover and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with salad and dinner rolls..
Chicken cordon bleu is a dish that involves wrapping chicken thighs in ham and cheese before baking in a bubbling cheese sauce. Dredge the chicken first in the flour, then the egg, and then bread crumbs. A delicious meal with juicy chicken. Add to basket "Delicious, moist, tasty, very generous chicken with yummy oozy filling. Melt the butter in a large pan over a medium heat until it is foaming.