Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos. Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. A Bloody Mary might be a brunch cocktail, but it makes for the ultimate marinade in our skirt steak recipe. Be the first to review this recipe.
Instead of drowning my taco in a heavy salsa, I like to keep it simple and. Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos ChefDoogles Chicago, IL. Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos instructions. You can have Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos
- You need 1/2 lb of skirt steak; cut thin on bias.
- You need 2 oz of decent vodka (Svedka used here).
- Prepare 1 oz of pickle juice.
- Prepare 1/4 C of tomato juice.
- You need 1 t of prepared horseradish.
- You need 1/2 C of "Zing Zang" bloody mary mix.
- You need 1 t of A1 sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; julienne.
- Prepare 1 of avocado; large dice.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare as needed of celery salt.
- It’s as needed of black pepper.
- Prepare as needed of olive oil.
Heat a medium sized saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom. Season steak with celery salt and black pepper. Add onions with a tiny bit of celery salt and black pepper. Here is how you cook it.
Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos instructions
- Marinate skirt steak with 1 oz vodka, horseradish, and tomato juice overnight..
- Drain marinade. Lightly rinse. Pat dry with paper towels..
- Heat a medium sized saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom..
- Season steak with celery salt and black pepper..
- Add onions with a tiny bit of celery salt and black pepper. Saute on high heat for 1 minute..
- Add steak. Saute briefly until approximately 70% cooked, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and smoked paprika during last 30 seconds..
- Add worcestershire sauce and 1 oz vodka. Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Add bloody mary mix, A1 sauce, and pickle juice. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook until nearly dry, about 1-2 minutes..
- Top tacos with avocado and shredded cheese blend..
- Variations; Celery, horseradish sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, corn, sofrito, beer, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, crushed pepper flakes, coriander seed, cilantro, scallions, chives, cayenne, jalapenos, shallots, habanero, bacon, oregano, marjoram, mint, oregano, parsley, lime, lemon, fennel, fennel seed, olives, blue cheese, feta, goat cheese, chili powder, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, basil, mozzarella, almond, red onion, Vidalia onion, capers, pearl onion, asparagus, raw or roasted bell peppers, parmesean, leeks, spinach, sea salt, red wine vinegar, sherry, black beans.
Ingredients of Bloody Mary Skirt Steak Tacos. A Bloody Mary might be a brunch cocktail, but it makes for the ultimate marinade in our skirt steak recipe. Take the steak out of the marinade and use a paper towel to pat most of the liquid off its surface. This is a pretty simple one, and a close riff on one of my earlier skirt steak recipes. The marinade for this grilled steak is based on the popular cocktail.