Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice. Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice red.queen. Wash and prepare the leeks by cutting the green part and slicing the rest into thin rounds. Pour in the wine and keep stirring until it is absorbed.
Add tomato paste water salt sugar and pepper. Add the rice and salt; cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Bring the rice, water, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. You can cook Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice
- You need of cooked rice.
- Prepare of leeks.
- Prepare of bacon bits.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of white wine or chicken stock.
This Savannah red rice is very easy to make, and it bakes to perfection in the oven. Just briefly sauté the peppers and onions, add the rice and sauce ingredients, and bake. Savannah red rice is also known as Lowcountry, Gullah, or Charleston red rice. The Best Creamy Rice Side Dish Recipes on Yummly
Easy Leek and Bacon Red Rice instructions
- Wash and prepare the leeks by cutting the green part and slicing the rest into thin rounds.
- Place the bacon bits in a cold pan and let fry over low heat so you don't have to add additional grease.
- If your bacon drippings make less than 1 tablespoon, add some olive oil.
- When your bacon's almost cooked, add the thinly sliced leeks. Fry for a couple of minutes then add wine or stock.
- Then cook until liquid evaporates and leeks are tender (about 15 minutes). If leeks are almost tender but there's way too much liquid left, just add a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch to thicken it up.
- I cooked some red rice for this dish https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357176-how-to-cook-thai-red-rice.
We love them over this spring pea soup. Recipe: Try our Spring Pea Soup with Frizzled Leeks Turkey & Leek Burgers Directions In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Tip the oil into an ovenproof casserole dish. Boring potatoes these are not, thanks to flavor-packed stir-ins. Leeks add gut-friendly prebiotic fiber to this dish; a smart amount of center-cut bacon imparts smoky, salty undertones.