30 Minute Red Beans And Rice. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. While vegetables are cooking, roughly chop cauliflower and throw it all into the food processor. Some non-traditional ingredients exist here, like okra, which thickens the soupy dish without adding any more starch.
It's easy to put together with Minute® Instant White Rice, smoked turkey sausage, kidney beans, tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder and, of course, melty. Creole Flavor Enjoy a bit of true southern comfort with this hearty red beans and rice dish made with typical creole flavors like Cajun seasoning, green pepper, onion, beans and hot sauce for a kick. All of the bold flavors of this dish are infused into the white rice to create a mouthful of flavor in every bite. You can have 30 Minute Red Beans And Rice using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 30 Minute Red Beans And Rice
- Prepare of red beans.
- It’s of basmati rice.
- Prepare of white onion.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of red bean, 14 ounces each, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of cumin and granulated garlic.
- You need of salt.
- You need of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of water.
The key is to create a base of chopped pepper and onion sautéed to perfection. Add the remaining beans and the stock; bring to a boil. My mom served Red Beans and Rice on a regular basis, and now I know why. This Red Beans and Rice can be prepared ahead of time for those crazy days when you don't want to do anything more than reheat a meal.
30 Minute Red Beans And Rice instructions
- In large, deep skillet add oil..
- Peel onions, cut in half and slice in a medium thickness..
- Add to heated oil, medium-high heat, and saute 2 minutes..
- Add rice and saute another 3 minutes..
- Add in seasonings, cilantro, stir and add the hottest water from your tap..
- Cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes..
- You can garnish with some sour cream and more fresh cilantro..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
- Later, I will post my slow cooked version. This is great in a pinch:-).
I disagree that andouille is absolutely essential to an authentic red beans & rice. By definition, Cajun and Creole cuisine is "peasant food" that makes use of what is on hand by people who lived off the land (e g. Cajun) and/or cooked with secondary protein sources rejected by the rich (basically, the scraps – e.g. This classic recipe is so easy to make! Bold and flavorful, this comforting meal is sure to fill you up with tender beans and spicy sausage.