Never-Fail Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Vegan.
You can cook Never-Fail Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Vegan using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Never-Fail Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Vegan
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of whole wheat pastry flour (220 grams).
- It’s of GF option: add 1 1/3 tsp xanthan gum.
- You need 1 cup of cane (or turbinado) sugar (220 grams).
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder (10 grams).
- You need 1/4 tsp of fine salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking spice or cinnamon, optional.
- It’s of Wet ingredients.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light vegetable oil (120 ml).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy milk (180 ml).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Stir In.
- Prepare 2 of ripe/overripe bananas.
- You need 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips or nut mixture of your choice.
- Prepare of (I use mini chocolate chips for mini muffins).
Never-Fail Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins – Vegan instructions
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. For loaf – line loaf pan with baking paper or grease pan..
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients with a FORK or balloon whisk..
- Add wet ingredients and mix..
- Heat oven to 330°F. (165 C.) For regular muffins or loaf, heat to 340-350°..
- Mash bananas well and gently mix into the batter..
- Fold in chocolate chips (or nut mixture)..
- Fill muffin liners (or loaf pan) 3/4 full..
- Bake mini muffins 18-20 mins, regular muffins 25-30 mins, loaf 35-40 mins. Muffins/loaf are ready when tops are slightly rounded and edges are lightly browned. Tops of the muffins/loaf should be bouncy when gently pressed..
- Allow to cool in the pan for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack..
- Store in an airtight container. The muffins freeze quite well if sealed tightly and in 2-3 layers of insulation (double zip lock in glass container works best)..
- This recipe makes 1 small-medium loaf, 12 large muffins (they don't rise much so look more like cupcakes), or 50-60 mini muffins..