Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice. Try Zatarain's® Recipes For Ideas & Inspiration. Find Red Beans And Rice Crock Pot Recipe Today! Search for Red Beans And Rice Crock Pot Recipe.
Note: if a non-stick skillet is not. If not already used above, warm the olive oil in the skillet again over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and sauté. You can have Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- You need 1 lb of dried red beans.
- Prepare 7 cup of water.
- You need 1 lb of andouille sausage or smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of liquid smoke.
- It’s 1 of gumbo file (if desired).
Serve with green onions and rice. Freeze option: Discard bay leaf and freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. Add in the crock pot: the washed beans, onion, bell pepper, garlic, hambone, and bay leaf. Put the beans in the crockery insert of a slow cooker.
Crockpot Louisiana Red Beans and Rice instructions
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours or until beans are tender. Serve over hot cooked rice topped with gumbo file if desired..
- **Adapted from Southern Living**.
Add the water and red beans along with garlic powder, onion powder, bay leaves, and dried thyme. Stir well and place cover on the slow cooker. This is the best recipe for red beans & rice on this site. It does need tweaking for your individual tastes, though. To make these red beans taste like the ones I grew up on in Louisiana, I did the following: Omitted the jalapeño.