Lebanese rice and southern fried chicken. Lebanese rice and southern fried chicken. Here, the restaurant serves up three main types of fried chicken — a Thai, Lebanese, and the Southern version. While all three types use plump sakura chickens and undergo the same brining process at the start, the Thai method coats the meat in a rice flour batter, while the Southern style uses a dredge method in seasoned flour.
Our twist on a Sri Lankan staple. Serve with your baked sweet potatoes, cabbage pickle and some salad leaves. Add the remaining cornmeal or polenta, a good lug of olive oil and the Cajun seasoning to the tray, squash over the garlic through a garlic crusher, then toss and massage to coat the chicken. You can cook Lebanese rice and southern fried chicken using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lebanese rice and southern fried chicken
- It’s of basmati rice.
- It’s of Spaghetti.
- You need of Salt and maggi.
- You need of Gravy sauce.
- You need of bulbs of slice onions.
- You need of balls of slice green pepper.
- You need of hot pepper.
- You need of bell pepper.
- You need of Soy sauce.
- You need of Southern fried chicken.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs.
- You need of Chicken (cut into pieces).
- You need of tomato paste.
- You need of salt.
- You need of maggi cube.
- Prepare of chili pepper.
- You need of grinded garlic.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of yoghurt.
- Prepare of powdered milk.
This southern style crispy chicken has all the hallmarks of a fast food treat but with fewer calories and a lot less fat. Instead of deep frying Jamie oven bakes the chicken creating the perfect crispy coating with rosemary spiked breadcrumbs. Served alongside sticky sweet potato wedges, chargrilled sweetcorn and a rainbow slaw this fast food feast is a sure fire winner. Lebanese rice is basically a rice pilaf that's made up of three ingredients: long grain white rice, vermicelli noodles and butter or olive oil (or a combination of both).
Lebanese rice and southern fried chicken step by step
- Marinate your chicken for hours or overnight.
- Boil the marinated chicken for about 10 mins.
- Beat the eggs and add two tablespoons of powdered milk.
- Add oil and a pinch of grinded garlic then break your spaghetti into small pieces and stir fry.Add boiled water and a bit salt then cover your pot.
- Add 2 cups of basmati rice into the pot and add maggi.cover until cooked.
- Add oil in a different pot,add a pinch of garlic. First onions and stir till brown,then add red pepper and bell pepper u. Add 2 cubes of maggi for taste and lastly green pepper. Stir and add soy sauce.
- Food is ready.
Typically, I only season it with salt. But sometimes, I also like to add a dash of cinnamon either before or after cooking. Then I garnish with fresh parsley, and toasted nuts like almonds and/or pine nuts. You must rinse the rice to get rid of excess starch which causes rice to be sticky (Lebanese rice is not meant to be sticky). Fried chicken is a capstone of both southern cuisine and history, since it is interwoven into certain people's culture and heritage, particularly the African-American people of the South.