Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe. To make the Donne Biryani, in a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil on medium flame, add all the whole spices including bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and star anise, let this sizzle. Once the whole spices have sizzled add ginger and garlic paste and the sliced onions, fry until the onions turn golden brown in colour. Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe is very popular in the city of Bangalore.
Secondly, heat the oil in the pan and add whole spices and then add chicken, fry the chicken. Then goes in the tomato puree. Chicken Donne Biriyani recipe is a local hit popular in eateries and restaurants around Bangalore. You can have Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe
- You need 250 gm of chicken.
- It’s 200 gm of Basmati rice.
- You need 2 pods of Garlic.
- You need 1-1/2 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of coriander.
- You need 1 cup of mint.
- You need half of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of onion roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 cup of Curd small cup.
- It’s 1 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Star anise.
- You need of Mace half flower.
- Prepare Cloves of 3.
- You need 7 of Peppercorns.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- You need 1 of black cardmon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Shahi jeera.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jeera.
- You need 2 of Bay leaf.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
The word 'Donne' means cups that are made using dried plantain leaves. Marinated chunks of juicy chicken along with rice is cooked with masalas in copper vessels on a stovetop in the open. The aromatic smells of the Biriyani end up attracting foreigners and locals alike as they pass by. Jeera rice is a short grain rice with its own aroma.
Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe step by step
- Wash the chicken, apply turmeric and set aside. Now make green paste. In mixie jar add coriander, ginger,garlic, mint, green chillies, tomato, lemon juice and onion. Make fine paste.
- Apply this paste to chicken and marinate it for 30 mins or more. Wash the rice and soak it for 30 mins..
- In a pressure cooker add ghee/ oil 3 tbsp. once the oil is hot put all dry masalas (khada masalas). Now add 1 medium thinly sliced onion. Fry until brown..
- After that put in the chicken and curd. Give it a nice mix. Add salt. Mix nicely. Drain the water from rice and add it to the chicken.
- Mix that well. Pour required amount of water and pressure cook it for one whistle on low flame. Please check salt before you close the lid.
Donne Biryani is a famous Biryani native of Bangalore , Karnataka. "Donne" means big sized cups /bowls made from areca nut palm leaf . Hi, friends,,🙏🏻🙏🏻My channel name is kanaka's Kicthen In this channel I am going to make veg and non-veg recpices and even special festival sweets.not on. Our biryani recipes feature easy one-pots with your choice of chicken, lamb, vegetable or paneer. Make this classic Indian dish for deliciously moist lamb with paneer, rice and spinach, all spiced to perfection. The Biryani is made using the South Indian special rice called Seeraga Samba/Jeeraga Samba rice, which is cooked in a freshly ground masala of fresh coriander and mint leaves along with some whole spices In Bangalore, a very popular restaurant named.