My Crab Cakes. Combine crabmeat, sauteed green onions, egg, mayonnaise, dry mustard, crushed crackers, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Coat the patties with bread crumbs. Serve with pinches of watercress and a dollop of tartare sauce.
These are simple crab cakes, but made with fresh crab meat, which makes all the difference. Coated in breadcrumbs and fried till golden, they are delicious as a main or starter. Crab cakes seasoned with lemon zest and fresh basil, pan fried and served with a coriander-lime mayonnaise.. You can have My Crab Cakes using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Crab Cakes
- It’s 1 lb of jumbo lump crab.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 3/4 cup of plain breadcrumbs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
To make the crabcakes: mix together the mayonnaise, egg, Old Bay seasoning, if using, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and parsley. Fold crabmeat into the mix, then add the breadcrumbs. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red chilli flakes, tarragon and spring onions. Gently stir in crab meat, being careful not to break up meat.
My Crab Cakes step by step
- Mix everything together in a big bowl (add crab last), form into patties. You can make 4 large or 8 average size patties..
- Pan fry cakes in oil, turning once..
Gradually mix in cracker crumbs, adding until desired consistency is achieved. Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Classic Crab Cakes Our region is known for good seafood, and crab cakes are a traditional favorite. I learned to make them from a chef in a restaurant where they were a best-seller. The crabmeat's sweet and mild flavor is sparked by the blend of other ingredients.