"Unstuffed cabbage". In a large skillet, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
In a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat, heat oil. This flavorful "unstuffed cabbage" is a simmered ground beef and cabbage combination made with lean ground beef, tomatoes, and cabbage. If you like cabbage rolls but don't like the prep work, this dish is for you. You can have "Unstuffed cabbage" using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of "Unstuffed cabbage"
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of minced garlic.
- It’s of slices of green pepper.
- Prepare of head green cabbage.
- Prepare of of a yellow onion.
- It’s of ground beef.
- It’s of can of chicken broth.
- It’s of can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilies.
- It’s of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare of Worcester sauce.
- It’s of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need of Salt, pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s of uncooked white rice (pref medium grain).
The cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe add a pleasant and warm flavor, but they are not essential. In a large, deep skillet or dutch oven, brown ground beef, onions and garlic together. Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Unstuffed cabbage has all the delicious richness and irresistible flavor, but transformed into a one-pot meal.
"Unstuffed cabbage" instructions
- Pour some olive oil in a deep pan. Chop onion, pepper & cabbage. Add garlic, onion, pepper & cabbage into pan. Sprinkle with a little more olive oil, add salt, pepper & garlic powder to your taste. Saute on medium hit until soft (about 5-10min).
- Add ground beef. Change heat to medium-high. Brown meat. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Add chicken broth, can of tomatoes, can of tomato sauce, 3 splashes of teriyaki, 5 splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle salt, pepper & garlic powder..
- Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rice and extra seasonings if needed. Put lid on & reduce heat to low. Let cook 25-30min. Stir at 15 & 20 min mark..
- Check at 25min, if rice is still not done, cook for another 5min. Enjoy!.
Now you can serve stuffed cabbage any day of the week. But it's so delicious that you also can serve it for special occasions with rave reviews. Coming from an Eastern-European Jewish household, stuffed cabbage is a staple.. Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls are for those of us who love traditional cabbage rolls almost as much as we hate the time it takes to roll them and bake them. Bites of juicy ground beef with fluffy rice and tangy tomato sauce are irresistible and made even better stuffed inside rolled up cabbage and baked.