Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri). Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) Mogco Tokyo Tokyo, Japan. How to make Onigiri in a triangle? You can put any ingredients as you like, such as cheese and avocados.
Add the cold water and bring to a boil. Fill a bowl with cold water and the uncooked rice. Swish the rice around by hand, then drain it through a fine mesh strainer. You can have Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri)
- Prepare of cooked rice.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of canned tuna (mixed with mayonnaise and black pepper).
- Prepare of nori.
By the third time, the water should be clear with no cloudy residue. Onigiri is typically made with sushi rice. This sticky, short-grain type of rice makes it easy to form compact balls that encase the filling without compressing it too densely. (Here's how to make sushi rice.) You can also use other types of rice, such as regular white rice, but it's important that it is short-grain. Filling-less onigiri is simply salted rice shaped into a ball, with or without nori.
Easy and Clean Rice Ball (Onigiri) step by step
- Cut wrapping film to a length of about 30 cm. Spread it on a table, and sprinkle 2 pinches of salt..
- Spread cooked rice on the middle of the wrapping film..
- Put some ingredients (tuna) on the position shown in the picture below..
- Hold the end of the wrapping film. And fold back from the non-filling side in half..
- Fold the end of the film and make a triangle to hold gently..
- Spread the film to remove between the rice..
- Wrap the rice with film again. Hold gently to shape into a triangle..
- Roll some nori as you like. Now your Onigiri is ready!.
For many Japanese, a simple rice ball and a cup of sippable soup is all they need for a satisfying meal! The traditional shapes are either circular or triangular. Onigiri is sometimes called as Japanese Rice Ball. It is a chunk of rice filled with some food such as plum, grilled salmon, or you can put pretty much any f. Wet your hands with water and rub vinegar between your hands.