Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich. Read and discuss Greek food Greek travel and Greek culture. Fill Your Cart With Color today! In a small bowl, mix yogurt, tomato, cucumber, dill and remaining salt.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is something that I've loved my whole life. They're fine and they look fantastic. Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat. You can have Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich
- You need of crispy coating.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt kosher.
- You need 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s of main.
- You need 4 of each pocketless Pita bread.
- You need of as needed sliced sweet onion.
- You need of as needed tomato, chopped.
- Prepare of as needed feta cheese.
- It’s of as needed taziki sauce.
- You need of meat.
- You need 3/4 lb of Beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Greek seasoning.
Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl. Here is how you cook it. Here is how you achieve it. Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich instructions
- You can buy, or make your own tzatziki sauce, I happen to like this one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356322-tzatziki-sauce.
- Slice your beef into nice strips for eating. I am using tenderized steaks here. I like a 1/4 inch square slice (give or take).
- Mix the cut beef with the Greek seasoning. Don't use a heavy salt based seasoning or it may be to salty. This one has very little to no salt in it, and works great..
- Allow meat to sit for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours..
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (crispy coating) in a bowl large enough to hold the meat.
- Put the meat in the bowl with the crispy coating, mix well.
- Prep your sandwich fixings.
- Add about 1/8 inch or so oil to a pan on medium to medium high heat. You want the oil to come up about 1/3 the way of your beef pieces..
- Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, flip over, fry another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes..
- Remove cooked strips to a paper towel, cook the remaining in like method. Do not over cook beef, it will become tough, and hard to eat in a sandwich..
- I like to microwave my Pita bread about 30 seconds each, to warm and soften them..
- Assembly your sandwiches and enjoy..
In large resealable bag, mix seasonings and add beef strips. Heat skillet on medium high with olive oil. To make the beef, you'll start by cooking down the onion and the garlic. Then add in the juicy grass-fed beef, cooking until it is completely cooked through. Next, add in the spices, tomato paste, and water.