Takeout style chinese spare ribs. Take A Look At Our Delicious Online Menu & Place Your Order Today. Visit Our Website To Browse Our Menu & Find Out Our Opening Times. Your favourite meals from your favourite restaurants delivered quickly with Uber Eats.
Place a roasting rack on top of the pan and place your spare ribs on the rack (rib side up) and place in your preheated oven. How to Make Chinese Spare Ribs In a medium-sized bowl, combine Hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice cooking wine, five spice powder, chopped garlic, honey, and ketchup. Chinese Spare Ribs is a classic Chinese take-out dish we all love to eat, but few people attempt to. You can have Takeout style chinese spare ribs using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Takeout style chinese spare ribs
- Prepare 5 cloves of freshly minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced sweet pineapple.
- Prepare 1 of star anise – ground in a mortar and pestle.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground bean sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, or 1 tablespoon tomato paste mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
- You need 5 tablespoons of ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of 5 spice powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed juice from a tangerine or orange.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of paprika.
- It’s 2-3 racks of baby back ribs.
The cut of ribs you use in this recipe is critical. Traditional spare ribs come from the lowest part of the ribcage near the belly. This cut has a much higher ratio of fat-to-meat than other ribs and guarantees juicy meat and a luscious mouthfeel. Place a roasting rack on top of the pan and place your ribs on the rack (meaty side of the rib up) and place in your preheated oven.
Takeout style chinese spare ribs step by step
- Stir together all the ingredients from the garlic to the paprika to make the BBQ sauce. In a zip-loc bag, add the ribs and half the sauce. Either marinate them overnight, or for 4-6 hours with a little extra sauce. Store the leftover sauce for later use..
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a roasting pan lined with heavy duty foil for easy clean-up. Add about 2 cups of water to the pan so there is about a half inch of water. Place a roasting rack on top of the pan and place your spare ribs on the rack (rib side up) and place in your preheated oven..
- Roast for 30 minutes. Flip the racks over and roast for another 45-60 minutes. Add water to the roasting pan as the water dries up during the roasting process. If you like, you can finish them with a couple minutes under the broiler..
You will need less time if using baby back ribs since they are smaller, more tender and hence, easier to cook. Cut the racks into individual ribs and set on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Mix the hoisin, soy, honey, cider vinegar and five spice in a small pan. Meanwhile, pour the hoisin sauce in a jug and stir in the soy sauce, honey, vinegar and five-spice. If necessary, add a little water to the sauce to prevent the spareribs from drying up.