Yaki onigiri – grilled rice balls. Yaki Onigiri (焼きおにぎり) is traditionally made by grilling rice balls over charcoal until the rice. Rice – To make onigiri, it is imperative that you use Asian short-grain rice (Sativa. Yaki onigiri, or grilled rice balls, are shaped balls of rice, with or without filling, that are grilled until the rice is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Grill onigiri until all sides are crispy and lightly browned. Rice will release itself when it forms a nice crust. Once all nicely toasted and lightly brown, lower heat to medium-low heat. You can have Yaki onigiri – grilled rice balls using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yaki onigiri – grilled rice balls
- Prepare of cooked rice.
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of soy sauce for the final touch.
Yaki onigiri is a type of Japanese rice ball that has been grilled. The word "yaki" means grilled in Japanese and I think nowadays many people know what onigiri are. If not, they are basically little triangular-shaped balls of rice. Yaki onigiri is most commonly coated in soy sauce but the name itself just means grilled rice ball.
Yaki onigiri – grilled rice balls instructions
- Mix the rice and 1 tsp soy sauce well in a mixing bowl..
- Make 2 triangle shaped rice balls. *Using plastic wrap makes it easier..
- Place the rice balls onto a non-stick frying pan and grill them on medium low heat. Once one side gets nicely charred, turn them over and grill until the other side gets charred as well..
- Brush the surfaces of the rice balls with 1/2tsp soy sauce and keep them grilled to get them nicely browned..
Instructions Place a small bowl of tepid water next to your work station. Mix the soy sauce and mirin in a bowl and place it next to the oven or stove top. Lightly wet your hands and sprinkle a little salt in both of your palms. Scoop about ½ cup of cooked Japanese rice and shape the rice into a. Yaki Onigiri (焼きおにぎり) are Japanese grilled rice balls coated in a sweet & savoury soy sauce with a crispy smoky crust on the outside.