Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich. Read and discuss Greek food Greek travel and Greek culture. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
It is easy, it's quick, it tastes yummy. Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich is something that I've loved my whole life. They're fine and they look fantastic. You can have Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich
- Prepare of crispy coating.
- Prepare of large egg.
- Prepare of corn starch.
- It’s of salt kosher.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- It’s of main.
- You need of each pocketless Pita bread.
- It’s of as needed sliced sweet onion.
- Prepare of as needed tomato, chopped.
- It’s of as needed feta cheese.
- It’s of as needed taziki sauce.
- You need of meat.
- You need of Beef.
- You need of Greek seasoning.
Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat. Combine beef and lemon pepper in medium bowl. Here is how you cook it. Here is how you achieve it.
Greek Style Beef and Pita Sandwich instructions
- You can buy, or make your own tzatziki sauce, I happen to like this one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356322-tzatziki-sauce.
- Slice your beef into nice strips for eating. I am using tenderized steaks here. I like a 1/4 inch square slice (give or take).
- Mix the cut beef with the Greek seasoning. Don't use a heavy salt based seasoning or it may be to salty. This one has very little to no salt in it, and works great..
- Allow meat to sit for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours..
- Mix the first 5 ingredients (crispy coating) in a bowl large enough to hold the meat.
- Put the meat in the bowl with the crispy coating, mix well.
- Prep your sandwich fixings.
- Add about 1/8 inch or so oil to a pan on medium to medium high heat. You want the oil to come up about 1/3 the way of your beef pieces..
- Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. Fry about 1 1/2 minutes, flip over, fry another 1 to 1 1/2 minutes..
- Remove cooked strips to a paper towel, cook the remaining in like method. Do not over cook beef, it will become tough, and hard to eat in a sandwich..
- I like to microwave my Pita bread about 30 seconds each, to warm and soften them..
- Assembly your sandwiches and enjoy..
Place the meat strips in the pan, do not crowd them our they will stick together. In large resealable bag, mix seasonings and add beef strips. Heat skillet on medium high with olive oil. To make the beef, you'll start by cooking down the onion and the garlic. Then add in the juicy grass-fed beef, cooking until it is completely cooked through.