Mike Prime Rib. Make your dry rub and whisk. Coat prime rib with garlic olive oil and coat well with seasonings. Mike Nelson is turning up the heat in our new segment, Cooking with Mike!
Mike's admittedly terrible cooking skills make him the perfect host for this cooking series, which is sponsored by Specialty Appliance. This week's recipe is for Perfect Prime Rib. Mix the Bavarian seasoning with the salt and olive oil. You can cook Mike Prime Rib using 2 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike Prime Rib
- It’s 12 1/2 lb of Prime Rib Roast.
- It’s of Seasonings of your choice.
The mix should resemble wet sand. Cover the prime rib in this mixture. Place the prime rib in the oven, uncovered. Mike's Prime Rib Directions Liberally season the prime rib with the salt and some pepper and refrigerate overnight.
Mike Prime Rib step by step
- Carefully remove the rib bones from the roast. The rib bones will act as your baking rack and be great leftovers..
- Season the entire roast with your favorite herbs and spices, including the removed rib rack. Do this at least 2 days ahead of cooking..
- Place roast back on top of the rib rack and secure with baking twine..
- Wrap the entire thing thoroughly in plastic wrap or a good plastic bag and refrigerate for at least two days..
- On the day of cooking, remove the roast from the refrigerator and allow it to come up to nearly room temperature. This will take 2 to 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 200..
- Place roast in pan and put in oven. Bake at 200 for 2 hours..
- Reduce heat to 180 and continue to cook the roast until the internal temperature reaches no more than 130. This will probably take an additional 3 1/2 to 4 hours..
- When internal temperature reaches 125 to 130, remove the roast from the oven, loosely tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 45 to 60 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 450..
- 12 to 15 minutes prior to serving, place the roast back into the 450 degree oven and roast for about 10 to 12 minutes. This will brown and begin to crust the outside..
- Remove roast from oven. Slice and serve immediately..
- Note : the above directions will provide you with a roast that is medium rare throughout. If you want it cooked further, adjust the cooking time to achieve desired taste..
- Note 2: be prepared as this cooking process will take about 8 to 9 hours from the time you take the uncooked roast out of the refrigerator on the day of cooking to serving time. You will not be disappointed..
An hour before cooking, remove the roast from the refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature. Put the reserved ribs in a roasting pan bowed-side. Chef Mike Benninger grills prime rib steak on the BBQ. Main Street Dousman, WI The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The Prime Rib Guy The. That's definitely a generous serving amount of meat!