Catalina Chicken 🍗. I like to spoon extra sauce over the baked chicken just before serving. — Frances Roberts, Silver Spring, Maryland Also, many people like to add cashews to their Catalina chicken, but I grew up with a sister who was allergic to nuts, and now I have a daughter allergic to cashews, so we leave them out at our house! Catalina Chicken is the perfect recipe for a quick and easy meal the whole family will love! The sticky sauce that coats the chicken is a sweet and savory dream!
Whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Pour the slurry into the pot with the chicken and stir it into the Catalina mixture. A very easy, delicious and cheap dinner. You can cook Catalina Chicken 🍗 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Catalina Chicken 🍗
- You need 1 of large pack chicken thighs (bone in/ skin on).
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s 2 of large onions, sliced.
- You need 2 of large red peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 bottle (16 ounce) of Catalina dressing.
- Prepare 1 envelope of Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix.
- You need 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can (20 ounce) of pineapple chunks, undrained.
- You need 1 jar (18 ounce) of Orange marmalade.
- Prepare of Cooked white rice 🍚.
What more could you ask for? Everyone LOVED this easy weeknight chicken dish. Easy to double the recipe for a crowd. Serve with rice, potatoes or noodles.
Catalina Chicken 🍗 instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……..
- Place chicken thighs in a large baking pan…..
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with some black pepper……..
- Add your sliced onions all around chicken thighs…….
- Next add your sliced red pepper all around chicken thighs…….
- In a bowl combine your Catalina dressing, Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix, parsley flakes, minced garlic, pineapple chunks (undrained) and orange marmalade, pour over chicken thighs……..
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 400 degree oven for 1 hour…………
- Baste chicken before serving and use the leftover liquid to serve over cooked white rice and enjoy 😉!!!!!.
This Catalina Chicken is a super easy weeknight meal! Just put the chicken in the pan, pour the. Place chicken in prepared baking dish. In a bowl, combine Catalina dressing, onions, worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar; mix very well. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.