Lazy day Black Beans and Rice. Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the oil and the onion, and cook until the onion is beginning to. Add the beans in their liquid and the soy sauce.
Ensure that there is enough water to cover all the ingredients. When done, fluff with a fork, stir in the cilantro and lime juice, and adjust seasonings if necessary. While the rice is cooking, make the beans. You can have Lazy day Black Beans and Rice using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lazy day Black Beans and Rice
- Prepare 5 cup of white rice/Jasmine rice/long grain rice.
- It’s 1 can of black beans.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 dash of salt and pepper.
For an electric pressure cooker, use the Saute function to heat the oil. Cook the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, stirring often, for several minutes, until tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, bay leaf, oregano, and water. Add the spices and black beans.
Lazy day Black Beans and Rice instructions
- put 6 cups water and rice in a pot. make sure to cook it in low heat for 13-15 min. (serving suggestion: 7 ).
- can open your black beans, drain the water..
- add the black beans in the pot of boiling rice.
- add your seasonings *salt, pepper and garlic powder*.
- just wait.
- and wait.
- viola! it's ready! get a paper plate so u can just throw em' in the can when youre done.. it's your lazy day.. heck no to dishwashing today.it's good w/ fried chicken, andouille sausage or pan smeared stake.
Wash beans and sift through for any debris and discard. If using tin beans make sure to keep the liquid. Here in Miami, instead of just salt, black beans and rice would be made with Sazon–a mixture of salt, garlic powder, cumin, and msg. Should be available in the Latin foods section of your local supermarket or a nearby bodega otherwise. Directions Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.