Chicken & Rice with Black Beans. The chicken (Gallus gallus domesticus), a subspecies of the red junglefowl, is a type of domesticated fowl, originally from Asia. Rooster or cock is a term for an adult male bird. A younger male may be called a cockerel; a male that has been castrated is a capon.
Get dinner on the table with delicious, easy-to-prepare chicken recipes from Food Network, including grilled, baked and roast chicken. My first Wisconsin winter was so cold, all I wanted to eat was homemade chicken noodle soup. Of all the chicken noodle soup recipes out there, this type of soup is my favorite and is in heavy rotation from November to April. You can have Chicken & Rice with Black Beans using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken & Rice with Black Beans
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need of Bacon.
- It’s of Long Grain Rice.
- You need of Black Beans.
- Prepare of Morton's Nature Seasoning.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Hot Sauce.
- Prepare of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare of Cilantro finely chopped.
- It’s of Green Onions chopped.
The chicken is perhaps the most widely domesticated fowl, raised worldwide for its meat and eggs. Rhode Island Red rooster With its mild, versatile flavor and budget-friendly price point, chicken is one of the most-loved meats for home cooks. Month after month, "chicken recipes" are the most popular search on MyRecipes, so we've served up a collection of delicious ways to serve chicken, plus how-to tips and tricks for getting the most out of your bird. Find the perfect chicken recipes with Food & Wine.
Chicken & Rice with Black Beans instructions
- Start by chopping up the cilantro & green onions then set off to the side in their own separate bowls for later.
- Start by cutting up the raw chicken into small bite size pieces & then season with the soy sauce Morton Nature Seasoning & the hot Sauce. Then let sit for a few minutes while you cook the bacon off..
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan & brake apart into tiny bits. Then add the seasoned chicken to the bacon grease & at the same time start cooking the black beans & the rice in their own separate pots (add some extra seasoning & soy sauce in the rice water)..
- Once the chicken is about halfway cooked add 1/2 of the chopped green onions & the red pepper flakes & continue to cook until browned..
- Once the rice is finished cooking add the black beans, bacon, & cilantro then mix up well together..
- When all is finished spoon some of the rice onto your plate, the amount of chicken desired, & top off with some of the leftover green onions then serve..
Hundreds of recipes for chicken, with tips, tools and videos. The official Internet headquarters of Kentucky Fried Chicken and its founder, Colonel Sanders. Order online, view career opportunities, or learn more about our company. Chicken salad often finds its way to my summer menus, served on greens or a croissant. I think this one is just a little special.