Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge). Add Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese To Chicken & Yellow Rice For A Tasty One-Pot Meal. Add the sweet rice and stir. Bring the mixture to a boil; cover and cook for.
Mix several times and cover the pot with a lid. Add in the glutinous rice and cook while. Arroz Caldo is a delicious Filipino chicken porridge made by cooking rice in chicken stock until it's thick and creamy. You can cook Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge)
- You need 1 cup of Glutinous rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Jasmine rice.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of Cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chicken (cut parts to your liking).
- You need 1 pc. of Ginger (Julienne cuts).
- You need 6 cloves of Garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium size Onion (diced).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Salt + Black pepper.
- It’s 5 cups of Water.
- It’s 3 Tbsps of Safflower/Kasubha.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of Lemongrass.
- It’s 1 Tbsps of Crushed Crunchy Garlic Toppings (garnish) per serving.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Spring onions (garnish) per serving.
Redolent of ginger, and served with a sunny array of condiments such as Calamansi, boiled eggs, and crisp garlic, this classic comfort food is the perfect way to brighten up a dreary day, while warming you up from the inside out. Steps Combine glutinous and jasmine rice together, then add water to submerge and mix rice combination entirely. Chop the half chicken into small parts, then wash thoroughly before setting aside. Place your cooking pot onto your stove, set in medium heat.
Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) step by step
- Combine glutinous and jasmine rice together, then add water to submerge and mix rice combination entirely. Soak for 3-5hrs..
- Chop the half chicken into small parts, then wash thoroughly before setting aside..
- Place your cooking pot onto your stove, set in medium heat. Start sautéing ginger, garlic, and onion..
- Add chicken parts, mix well. Add in the rice combination. Stir. Let simmer 5-8mins. Add salt and black pepper..
- Add in water. Stir well until rice is nice and soft (not too mushy). Add more hot water if porridge is too thick. Add Safflower (it’ll give a yellowish colour) then stir then add lemongrass, and let simmer for 3-5mins.. Once well cooked. Taste. Add salt/black pepper if necessary..
- Pour into a bowl. Garnish with crunchy minced garlic and spring onions. Adding a boiled egg per serving is optional but always serve this dish while it hot and fresh from the pot!.
- Share and enjoy! 💟.
Chicken arroz caldo is a type of Filipino rice porridge with chicken slices. It is best served when topped with hard boiled eggs, some chopped scallions, and toasted or roasted garlic. I personally like to squeeze a piece of calamansi or lime over the toppings. It makes the dish taste fresher and delicious. Arroz Caldo (Chicken Rice Porridge) Get This Recipe.