Pumpkin soup. Browse new releases, best sellers or classics. Free delivery on eligible orders Huge Sale on Pumpkin Soup Bowls Now on. Thai pumpkin soup Add a touch of lemongrass, ginger, chilli and creamy coconut milk for a Thai twist on the traditional pumpkin soup.
Pumpkin, carrots and onions are roasted, before being pureed with cooked potato, stock and double cream. Serve with a dollop of cream and crusty bread. Whatever the time of year – leftover pumpkin needn't go to waste. You can have Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 500 g of pumpkin, peeled deseeded and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 300 ml of veggie or chicken stock.
- You need 100 ml of whole milk.
- You need 100 ml of cream.
This glorious soup is just one way to put it to use. The wonderful thing about any squash is that, once slivered and roasted, it becomes soft, sweet and rich. Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. If your soup is too thick, just loosen it with a touch of water when reheating.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Cook the onion gently until soft but not browned.
- Add the pumpkin until soften and turn golden. About 10 min.
- Put everything into cooking blender and choose soup function.
- Make some bread crust or toasted pumpkin seeds too..
A warming winter pumpkin soup; the kick of ginger and chilli is set off by soothing coconut milk. If you can't get hold of pumpkin, try butternut squash. This meal, if served as six portions. Place the pumpkin, shallots, ginger and some oil in a large saucepan and sauté until soft. Add the stock, coconut milk and chilli powder.