Coffee Crème Caramel. Get your favourites from CRÈME delivered. Download the app and order now! Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to the boil.
Whisking constantly, pour hot milk mixture into egg mixture. In a bowl, whisk the eggs with vanilla, coffee, and sugar until creamy and lighter in color. Run the mixture through a sieve. You can cook Coffee Crème Caramel using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coffee Crème Caramel
- Prepare of Caramel.
- It’s 80 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 20 g of water.
- It’s of Custard pudding.
- You need 430 g of whole milk.
- You need 100 g of whipping cream.
- You need 80 g of sweetened condensed milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
Combine milk, coffee, lemon zest, and ½ cup sugar in a small saucepan. Scrape in vanilla seeds; add pod. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Return the remainder of the caramel back to the heat and add the hot liquid coffee.
Coffee Crème Caramel instructions
- Caramel: In a heavy-bottom pot, heat sugar and water over medium-low heat until it caramelizes or turns brown. Only swirls the pot gently when needed..
- Pour and divide caramel evenly into 6 heat-proof cups. Place the cups in a deep baking dish. We will bake them with a bain-marie (water bath) method. Cover each cup with an aluminum foil, then set aside..
- Custard pudding: Combine milk, cream, and sweetened condensed milk in a pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir the instant coffee into the hot mixture..
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Then slowly whisk the hot mixture into the eggs. This will prevent the eggs from getting cooked..
- Strain the custard through a fine sieve into a jug. Divide the custard evenly into the caramel-lined cups (about 90ml each). Poke any bubbles that surface up with a toothpick if there are many (optional). Cover the cups again with aluminum foil..
- Fill the baking dish with water until half the height of the cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°) for 50 minutes or just until set with a little jiggle in the center..
- Carefully remove each cup from the water bath. Let cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (best overnight)..
- Once set, run a thin knife around the top edge of the custard. Turn it upside down onto a small plate. Hold the cup and plate firmly then shake a few times around with a circling motion until the custard drops onto the plate. Uncover the cup and enjoy!.
Some of the sugar will form into lumps as the coffee is added. Slowly stir the mix over a low heat until they have dissolved, then pour the coffee-caramel sauce into a bowl to cool. Only swirls the pot gently when needed. Place the cups in a deep baking dish. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.