Tomato Egg Drop Soup. Flavors: Tomato & Basil, Cream of Vegetable, & Tomato Cup a Soups. Lowest Price Cup a Soup Online Right To Your Door. There are many variations of this dish: Often, the egg is scrambled and mixed through a tangy tomato and macaroni soup; other times, a thick tomato soup is served with instant noodles and a fried.
Add chicken broth or stock into the pot or wok and bring it to a boil. Both sweet and sour, the Tomato Egg Drop Soup is a dish that will whet one's appetite. Hailing from China, this dish is incredibly easy to prepare, with no special herbs or special techniques other than swirling in of the egg whites to create the egg strands. You can have Tomato Egg Drop Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Egg Drop Soup
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Tomatoes red & ripe.
- Prepare 2 cup of vegeatable stock.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of ginger piece of 1/4 inch.
- It’s 4-5 of green chillies.
- You need 1-2 of carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cabbage shreded.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of boiled corn.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli sauce.
- It’s of Slurry.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of cornflour.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of water.
Use a fork to lightly beat the eggs in a cup; season lightly with salt and pepper, then add to the soup, whisking constantly, until well distributed and ribbony. Successful tomato egg drop soup has a strong sweet and sour taste. Without the help of canned tomatoes, I fry one tomato until very thick and soft. During the strongly boiling process, the tissues are broken and spread evenly in the soup base, which provides the very basic aroma of a tomato soup.
Tomato Egg Drop Soup step by step
- Take tomatoes ginger garlic green chillies in a pot with just enough water to cover tomatoes only.blanch for few minutes till skin comes off easily.close flame remove skin..
- Blend tomatoes ginger garlic chillies together to smooth paste. In tomatoes water add carrot julienes and shreded cabbage and give quick boil. As corn takes long time to get soft boil them seprately.add bayleaf as well.this is your vegetable stock.you can add any other vegetable as well if u like.
- Take blended tomato paste in a pot.warm up add vegetable stock with carrots & cabbage & corn.(mash corns a bit).cook for 5 min add seasonings..
- Add cornflour slurry and cook till thick at medium flame. Add beaten egg whites by pouring in circle in pot. stir so that egg cook in hot soup in droplets form.
- Serve tomato egg drop sauce with crackers bread sticks or even rice.enjoy.
Pour the cornstarch slurry into the soup in a circular motion and stir until thickened. Slowly pour in the egg whites in a circular motion, then do the same with the egg yolks. Uncover the wok/pot, turn up the heat slightly, and slowly stir in the beaten egg. Turn off the heat and pour the soup onto the cooked noodles. Top with the chopped scallion greens (you can also add chopped cilantro if you want).