Carne Asada Fries. In a medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, oregano, garlic, cilantro, orange juice, and lime juice. Heat a cast-iron skillet with the canola oil over medium heat. Carne asada fries are a local specialty found on the menus of restaurants primarily in the American Southwest, including San Diego, where it originated.
And the dish is exactly what it sounds like, crispy fries loaded with chunks of carne asada and then topped with cheese and usually sour cream and guacamole. Be the first to review this recipe. A recipe I created when I was trying to duplicate Carne Asada Fries from Filibertos. You can cook Carne Asada Fries using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carne Asada Fries
- Prepare 2 of russet potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper.
- Prepare of Carne Asada.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1-2 tbs of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 of clices garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of spring fresh cilantro.
- It’s of Juice from 1 lime.
- You need of Juice from 1 orange.
- You need 1/2 lb of flank or skirt steak.
- You need 1 tbs of canola oil.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh salsa, chopped red onions,.
- Prepare of Scallion, feta cheese.
But let's be honest, carne asada fries are really about the carne asada. And this Carne Asada is unbelievably flavorful as it's marinated in a mix of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Most Carne Asada fries come with the same ingredients, no matter where you buy them: fries cheese diced Carne Asada pico de gallo guacamole (either chunky or creamy) sour cream Some restaurants include the following: refried beans nacho cheese cotija cheese sliced jalapenos (fresh or pickled) Of course, no Carne Asada fries are complete without hot sauce drizzled all over them. The history of carne asada fries.
Carne Asada Fries instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut potatoes into fries, place in a mixing bowl. Combine olive oil, dalt garlic powder, paprika & pepper. Toss to mix. Cook 30-35 minutes. In meantime: marinade meat: combine all ingredients in "carne asada section". Let marinade for about 20 minutes..
- Pour a little olive oil into a pan over medium heat. Optional: pour half marinade into pan. Cook steak 3 min on each side, 4 if you want a little more well done. Remove steak, let rest 10 min, then dice..
- In an oven proof skillet or glass dish place fries, cheese meat, a little more shredded cheese then green scallion. Broil until cheese is melted..
- Top with your favorite toppings..enjoy!.
Carne asada fries actually originate in California despite the Mexican twist. I had the most amazing ones in LA when I visited a few months back, and the key to getting them just right is really nailing the steak. Carne asada fries are a local specialty found on menus in the American Southwest, and originated. Carne Asada Fries Are a Tex Mex spin on loaded french fries. Marinated, grilled carne asada is sliced and served on top of seasoned fries with a cheesy sauce and tons of toppings of your choice!