Cilantro Enchilada Sauce. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Place the tomatillos into a large stockpot,, and add the chopped onion, minced garlic, and chopped jalapeno peppers. Drizzle everything in the pot with olive oil.
Drizzle with olive oil and sauté for a few minutes on med-hi. The sauce is so delicious I have to stop myself from drinking it. You combine two-thirds of the sauce with four cups of cooked cubed or shredded chicken, and then stuff it into tortillas. You can have Cilantro Enchilada Sauce using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cilantro Enchilada Sauce
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chili's in adobo -chopped up.
- It’s 8 of -ounce tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 4 teaspoon of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cilantro, leaves no stems.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need of lime juice -to taste if desired.
This green enchilada sauce with fresh citrus-spicy serrano chiles, tart green tomatillos, and a handful of emerald cilantro is super easy to make in your blender. You can make it with fresh tomatillos or to make it even quicker, use canned tomatillos. Bathe your enchiladas, or try it as a sauce for grilled veggies—yum! Combine sour cream, onion, cilantro and sugar.
Cilantro Enchilada Sauce instructions
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan on medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and chili powder and stir to incorporate- 30 seconds to 1 minute..
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro and lightly simmer for 8-10 minutes the sauce will thicken..
- With a blender or food processor puree the sauce and add the cilantro..
- Adjust the taste with salt, sugar and maybe lime..
- This is great for Enchiladas and Wet Burritos :).
Add garlic mixture and stir gently to blend well In a pan saute onions in olive oil until onions are translucent. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, cilantro and lime juice in a blender or food processor. Pour enchilada sauce over the top and add your remaining cheese. I also cooked up some mexican rice to serve with the beef enchiladas. Make-Ahead of Time Instructions Cilantro enchilada sauce.