Tortellini Soup. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders The best place for your Italian favourites. Shipped at fixed rates around the world! Find and order your favourite Italian food!
These delicious stuffed pasta dumplings are so versatile. You can serve them up in a salad, on their own with a little sauce, or my personal winter favorite: tortellini soups. We have a lot of tortellini soups to choose from, but we've narrowed it down to the very best. You can cook Tortellini Soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortellini Soup
- Prepare 2 Qt of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1/4 C of Ham/Bacon/Pancetta.
- You need 1 of Med Onion, small dice.
- Prepare 3 of Large Ribs Celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Small Bag Matchstick Carrots.
- Prepare 1 of Small Yellow Squash, diced.
- Prepare 1 of Small Zucchini, diced.
- You need 1 C of Chopped Green Beans.
- Prepare 14 oz of can Cannellini Beans.
- It’s 14 oz of can Petite Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Small box/bag Fresh Spinach.
- You need 1 C of White Wine/Dry Vermouth.
- You need of Fresh or Dried Basil.
- Prepare of Fresh or Dried Parsley.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 Tbs of Herbs de Provence.
- You need of Salt/Pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 C of Frozen Cheese Tortellini.
Stir in the crème fraîche, tortelloni, spinach, cooked red pepper and most of the chopped basil. Season the soup to taste and top with the cheese and remaining basil. Stir in the broth, water and tomatoes. Add tortellini; return to a boil.
Tortellini Soup step by step
- Saute ham/pancetta/bacon in large stock pot. Once browned, add onion, chopped celery, carrots. Saute on med heat for 5 min..
- Add in whatever veggies you have on hand (zucchini, yellow squash, green beans), garlic, and herbs if using dried. I usually put in a Tablespoon of each dried. (Add fresh herbs at the end so they stay green and don't turn brown).
- Saute for another 5 min..
- Add in chicken stock, wine, diced tomatoes, and drained cannelini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until veggies are soft, 5-10 min?.
- Taste the soup, make adjustments to broth. At this point you can add more dried herbs, fresh herbs, hot sauce if you like it spicy, worcestershire sauce, salt, etc. I usually wait until the end to add salt because it can change depending on whether you used low sodium or regular broth/beans/tomatoes..
- Increase heat to boil again, add in frozen tortellini, cook for 3 min..
- Stir in fresh spinach..
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and warm crusty loaf of bread. 😁.
Pour the stock into a large pan, add the bay leaves and bring to the boil. Ladle into bowls and serve with some crusty bread, if you like. Directions: Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion and Italian seasoning. Fill a large pot with water and place chicken thighs in the pot.