Dollar Store Spanish Rice. Great recipe for Dollar Store Spanish Rice. Need a meal that will feed an army, for a low price? Spanish rice is highly customizable, and ingredients are cheap!
Savings on Barilla, Kraft, Annie's, Velveeta and more! Check out our selection of cookies, cereal, coffee and more at Dollar General. Glass Vases Home And Garden New Arrivals Pharmacy. You can cook Dollar Store Spanish Rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dollar Store Spanish Rice
- You need 2 cups of white long grain rice, rinsed.
- Prepare 4 of cubes/4 tablespoons chicken bouillon, in 4 cups water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 4 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lime juice, or juice of 2 limes + zest.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried onion flakes.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of can Rotel diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (12.5 oz) of can chunk chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar jack cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Licensed Items Hardware Apparel Novelties And Gift Seasonal Baby Products HEALTH AND BEAUTY Toys And Games Electronics Stationery Animal And Pet Supplies Vehicles Parts And Accessories Sporting Goods Food And Beverages FLORAL SUPPLY wholesale dollar store, discounted price Non-GMO rice grown in Valencia, Spain, this bomba rice was a favorite in our taste tests. We loved the flavor, which had a slightly nutty profile. No need to wait for dinner — try it at breakfast with our Chorizo and Egg Rice Bowl recipe. I'm adding this review to explain to people about the saffron.
Dollar Store Spanish Rice instructions
- Melt butter in a high sided pan or Dutch oven. On medium heat, toast rinsed rice in melted butter..
- Add tomato paste and lime juice to toasted rice and stir to incorporate. Add chicken broth made with chicken bouillon (canned chicken stock also works) and stir rice again..
- Add onion flakes, salt and pepper, cumin, garlic, and paprika to rice in stock. Cover rice in stock and simmer, stirring occassionally..
- When rice has started to absorb cooking liquid, add can if drained Rotel tomatoes and chilis. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- When rice is nearly cooked throughout, add canned chicken, breaking up large chunks with spoon. Stir to incorporate and cover to cook..
- Remove rice from heat when it has absorbed all of the cooking liquid. Add cheese, leaving some for topping. Stir to incorporate. Add one last handful of cheese to the top, and replace lid to melt it. Enjoy as a meal itself, or as a side dish to your favorite tex-mex entree..
Mexican saffron sold in almost any store which carries Mexican products is very inexpensive. It is sold in dry form in a small packet or in jars almost like a thick salsa to add to food. I think in Spanish it is called "azafran". We at Vallarta Supermarkets are proud to provide fresh, top grade meats, poultry and seafood throughout our meat department. Your family will be begging for more when you serve this savory blend of soulful aromas and flavors.