Egg Drop soup. Stir the salt, ginger and chives into. Drizzle egg a little at a time from the fork. But again, it does say optional.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in onion. You can have Egg Drop soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Egg Drop soup
- You need 1 cup of veg or chicken stock (see recipe).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cornflour.
- You need 2 tbsps of water at room temperature.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare of For Garnishing.
- You need 1 Pinch of crushed Black pepper.
- You need as required of Little green onion chopped.
DIRECTIONS Bring chicken broth to a boil in soup pot. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time.
Egg Drop soup instructions
- Heat the veg/ chicken stock in a pan. In the meantime, whisk the egg and make the cornflour slurry of cornflour and water. Check salt in the stock, if needed add salt as per taste..
- Once it starts boiling, add in the cornfour slurry in the stock and stir it immediately so that no lumps form. Boil for a minute or so…the stock will thicken a bit. If you want more thicker soup you can add more Cornflour but I don't like very thick soups..
- Now drizzle the whisked egg in the boiling stock and simultaneously stir the stock as you drizzle it. Keep stirring and boil for a minute or so. Your Egg Drop Soup is ready. Pour it in the bowl, sprinkle some crushed Black pepper and garnish with chopped green onion. Enjoy !!!.
Egg drop soup, or egg flower soup, is a really basic boiled chicken broth soup, and in its simplest form, the only ingredients needed are the broth itself, eggs, and spring onions. Other ingredients are added to taste—like tofu, corn, or bean sprouts—and each cook has a take on the classic. In a large pot over medium heat, bring broth and ginger to boil. Whisk soy sauce and cornstarch together then whisk into broth. Whisk wine-cornstarch mixture into soup until combined.