Spicy Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg. Add the remaining potatoes, corned beef, cooking liquid, onion,. Set up for poaching the eggs: Combine the water, vinegar, and salt in a large skillet and bring to a gentle simmer. Preheat a large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and transfer to a kitchen towel. Lightly dab the eggs with the towel to remove any excess water. Traditional corned beef hash with a poached egg is perfect for a hearty evening meal. You can have Spicy Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg
- You need 6 slices of West Country Corned beef.
- It’s 3-4 of potatoes.
- You need 4 of cherry tomatoes thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 stick of celery very finely sliced.
- It’s Pinch of chilli flakes (depending on how hot you like it).
- It’s of Cooked peas.
- Prepare 2 of onions finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of eggs.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper for seasoning.
- Prepare of Oil.
Bring the water to a steady simmer (NOT a boil). Crack one egg into a small bowl or a coffee mug, and slide the egg gently into the water (Remember which egg you drop first so you can take that egg out of the water first. This way it will not be over cook. I like to pour mine in clockwise).
Spicy Corned Beef Hash with Poached Egg instructions
- Boil the potatoes whole and with the skins on for about 15 minutes or until soft to touch. Leave to go cold then cut into chunks. Heat the pan and with a bit of oil and sauté the potatoes until golden and crispy and tip onto kitchen paper..
- Wipe the pan, add a drop more oil and fry the onions gently until they take on a bit of colour, add the celery, peas, tomatoes and a pinch of chilli flakes. Add the potatoes and the corned beef and warm through. Check for seasoning and serve with a poached egg on top..
Melt butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Once tender, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil. Remove from heat and layer the corned beef on a baking tray. Add and layer the boiled potatoes on top of the corned beef layer.