Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats. Organic Vegetables Sent Directly From UK Growers With No Waiting In Fulfilment Centres. Environmentally Friendly Plastic Free Packaging & Biodegradable Pots Cook the aubergine slices until crispy and golden brown.
Ingredients of Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats. Had some aubergines (eggplants) and some of my tomato soup from yesterday. I don't like wasting food so I came up with this. ☺ Explore. You can cook Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats
- It’s of aubergine, peeled.
- It’s of milk / any kind as this will be discarded.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of All-purpose flour ( plain flour ).
- You need of cup panko (rough breadcrumbs ) or finer breadcrumbs.
- It’s of good pinch of salt.
- Prepare of good pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of sunflower oil for frying.
- Prepare of to 4 tablespoons of honey.
- You need of teaspoon of my very boozy cranberry sauce ( or one of choice ).
- You need of batter recipe if you want to use it instead of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of quantity of my attached batter recipy . You do not need to attach to a string, but can if you want too , just dip in batter and proceed as for prepared beans. Enjoy ..
- Prepare of panko ( Japanese style breadcrumbs).
- It’s of soft white bread . Cut slices of bread into cubes , add to blender and work until the bread resembles rough breadcrumbs ).
Sig's Aubergine (Eggplant) Treat Recipe by Sigrun. Great recipe for Sig's Aubergine (Eggplant) Treat. Simply whisk all the ingredients for the marinade together, put into a large bowl with the aubergine slices and gently toss together so the slices are coated. Arrange the slices on your dehydrator racks and dehydrate until done, turning once.
Sig's Crispy and Moist Aubergine (eggplant) Treats step by step
- First prepare the aubergine, thinly peel it. I use my potatoe peeler for this.
- Slice the aubergine about 1/2 an inch or slightly thinner slices.
- Put all the slices into the milk in a bowl, make sure that they are all covered . I place a plate on top to push them all down into the milk leave ti stand for about 3 hours in fridge..
- Drain the milk of the aubergines and pat the aubergines dry. Discard the milk..
- Whisk the eggs . Season the panko or breadcrumbs with cayenne pepper and salt or salt substitute. Add the flour into a deep plate . Have the three dishes side by side . Flour, egg and panko . First add a slice into the flour from both sides , tap off the excess flour then add the slice into the egg , ensure that it is covered from both sides , hold between your fingers and let the excess egg drip back into plate with egg. Then roll the slice into the panko or finer breadcrumbs ..
- Finish off until all slices are done ..
- In the meantime heat the oil add about 3-5 slices depending on size into pan . Cook the aubergine slices until crispy and golden brown . The trick is to keep the temperature of the oil an even temperature. They cook very fast ..
- Serve hot drizzled with honey and a teaspoon of my boozy cranberry sauce or fruit sauce of choice.
- Follow the instruction for my the batter recipe with the attached recipe here for batter recipe..
- The outside on both breadcrumb or batter should be crisp and golden , the inside a soft moist Aubergine treat. Accompany both with honey and sauce ..
- Https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/336539-sigs-german-beans-and-asparagus-in-jackets https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/355021-sigs-rich-boozy-cranberry-sauce.
This took a few hours but will depend on your machine and the thickness of the slices. soaking and covering in flower: Remember the flour is a composition of all-purpose flour, corn starch and salt. Soak the eggplant and mix it. After this mix it in the dry flour. The aubergine sign (also known as egg-plant sign or deformity) is a clinical sign of a fractured penis. Hemorrhage beyond the tunica albuginea produces swelling and bruising of the penis simulating the appearance of an aubergine.