20 minute Enchilada sauce. To make enchilada sauce from scratch, there are several routes you can take: Start with dried chiles for robust, earthy flavors, or blend fresh chiles and tomatoes for a lighter, faster option. The flavor tradeoff alone makes this easy red enchilada sauce worth it, but with those other perks, it's time to retire canned enchilada sauce. Use it on all your Mexican food for a complex and delicious flavor!
Between braising the meat; simmering the sauce; and rolling, filling, and layering several tortillas, the preparation alone takes more time than most cooks have on a busy weeknight. Add the chili powder and spices, cook another minute. Add the tomato paste and slowly whisk in the chicken stock. You can cook 20 minute Enchilada sauce using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 20 minute Enchilada sauce
- It’s of chili powder.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of smoked Chipotle.
Add the vegetable oil to a Dutch oven and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the crushed tomatoes, water and the rest of the spices. Stir well and bring to a boil. A super speedy enchilada sauce with a truly authentic taste..
20 minute Enchilada sauce instructions
- Pour oil in a sauce pan and heat on medium. Sprinkle flour in pot and continuously stir to keep lumps from forming. So easy a 2 year old can do it.
- After a few minutes of stirring the flour in, add the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir for a couple more minutes..
- Wisk in chicken broth. Continue to cook at a low heat for 15 minutes or done to your thickness.
Ten Minute Enchilada Sauce Ten Minute Enchilada Sauce. Cook the roux and spices: Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. This soup can be made in one pot. Simply saute onions and garlic in oil. Add in broth, enchilada sauce and crushed tomatoes.