Cheese Naan Bread. The dough should overlap itself enough to seal the cheese completely inside. Gently roll the dough again into a circle; place on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese.
Amazing naan flavored with garlic and butter, beautifully charred and crisp on the outside yet soft, chewy with melting cheese waiting for you on the inside. For those who may not know, naan is a type of Indian. How to make cheese-stuffed garlic naan Make the Naan dough: Combine yeast, warm water and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. You can cook Cheese Naan Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese Naan Bread
- It’s of Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare of Cake flour.
- It’s of Instant dry yeast.
- You need of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Grated cheese.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Lukewarm water.
Add the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and yogurt and mix with the dough hook until a soft smooth dough forms. In a small bowl, mix the yeast with one tablespoon of warm water. Stir in the sugar and leave it in a warm place for five minutes until the yeast is covered. This bread is a treat for all garlic and cheese lovers.
Cheese Naan Bread step by step
- Put the bread flour, cake flour, yeast, granulated sugar and salt (keep it away from the yeast) in a bowl. Pour the lukewarm water over the yeast..
- Knead for a little while and add the vegetable oil. Keep kneading for 10 minutes. Add the grated cheese, and knead for another 5 minutes..
- Form into a smooth ball, seams down in a lightly oiled bowl, and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a tightly wrung moistened kitchen towel..
- Use the oven's dough-rising setting or put the bowl in a warm place, and let it rise for 40 to 60 minutes..
- When the dough has doubled in volume, and you've poked your finger in the middle, deflate it lightly. Divide into 4, round off each portion and rest for 10 minutes..
- Form the dough into teardrops, and flatten with a rolling pin or stretch with your hands..
- Put the naan in a heated frying pan, cover with a lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes over low heat. Flip the naan over and cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat the same steps with the remaining portions..
- Serve freshly cooked naan with curry, or eat on its own. If it gets cold, reheat it in a toaster oven to make it crispy-light again..
Feel free to use any melting cheese or even grated paneer as a filling and top with as much garlic as desired. Cooking this naan is also super simple. Top naan breads with cream cheese, chutney, avocado and eggs for a tasty breakfast or brunch. For the dough, sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. In another bowl, mix together the milk and oil.