Fried Chicken Legs (KFC Style). What will be more interesting than to fry KFC style chicken at home and tastes almost same as KFC. These chicken legs are so crispy, juicy from inside and flavourful. A perfect starter for your party.
This allows the chicken to finish cooking while keeping it warm and the skin crunchy. Do the same by holding your fried chicken in a warm oven for a few minutes. Even if you follow the above step by step, cracking the crispy skin code may be difficult to do. You can cook Fried Chicken Legs (KFC Style) using 20 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Legs (KFC Style)
- You need of Chicken legs with skin on.
- It’s of Butter milk.
- Prepare of Egg white.
- It’s of For coating.
- You need of All purpose flour.
- It’s of Cornflour.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- You need of Oregano.
- You need of Thyme.
- You need of Paprika /Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of For marination.
- You need of Soya Sauce.
- It’s of Vinegar.
- It’s of Paprika/Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s of Oregano.
- It’s of thyme.
- It’s of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- You need of rd teaspoon salt.
- It’s of Vegetable oil to deep fry.
Place chicken in hot oil, not overcrowding, maybe four pieces in first batch. Fry for eight minutes and turn over. Fry for an additional eight minutes. Fried chicken legs (KFC style) the perfect comfort food for a rainy day!
Fried Chicken Legs (KFC Style) step by step
- Clean and pat dry the chicken pieces..
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients of marinating as mentioned in the ingredients..
- Mix well to combine. Add 1-2 teaspoon water if required..
- Marinade chicken pieces with the mixture by rubbing well with your hand..
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hour or overnight..
- Before an hour of frying take out the chicken from refrigerator..
- In a mixing bowl sieve together flour and cornflour..
- Add spices and herbs (as mentioned in the ingredient section)of the coating and mix well with your hand..
- In a glass take 1 cup of butter milk. If you don't have buttermilk, add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk and mix..
- Add 1 egg white and mix well..
- Place a deep kadai or pan with sufficient oil to heat..
- Take a marinated leg piece, coat well the flour mixture. Use your hand to coat..
- Dip the coated chicken piece to the butter milk..
- Take out from the butter milk mixture and again put into the flour mixture..
- Now coat again with your hand by pressing and rotating the piece again and again with the flour mixture..
- This step is very important to bring the unique texture or the fried chicken..
- Like the same procedure coat all the chicken pieces and keep in a wired rack..
- Place coated chicken in hot oil and reduce the flame. Place 2 or 3 pieces at a time..
- Fry in low heat for about 15 minutes till golden brown..
- Transfer to a wired rack to drip the excess oil..
- Enjoy hot with homemade garlic sauce..
Fried chicken is one of those comfort foods that will never go out of style. The rich and flavourful crispy bark of the meat with the tender juicy succulent meat inside dripping in flavour…. There is just some kind of inherent satisfaction to … Continue reading Fried Chicken Legs (KFC style) Drop the chicken pieces one by one in the hot oil. Keep the flame medium and fry until they change golden-brown. Stir often and fry all sides evenly.