Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Repeat process with remaining tortillas, chiles and cheese.
Thin with water or some of your favorite salsa so the mix is. Drain the green chiles and place on plates. Insert a strip of cheese in each.. You can have Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce
- It’s of Chiles Relleno.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 of Vidalia Onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 large of Jalapeño Pepper (diced).
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 lb of Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from casings).
- Prepare 6 medium of Anaheim Peppers.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Tortilla Enchilada Sauce.
- It’s 5 cup of Water (boiling).
- Prepare 5 large of Dried Guajillo Peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cucumber (sliced).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 2 cup of Tortilla Chips.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Liquid Smoke.
- It’s 1 tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of Salt.
Add the corn tortillas one at a time into the oil and cook until soft. Dip a totilla in sauce, place some filling in it, lay a poblano strip on it, top that with the cheese mix, roll it up and place it seam side down in a baking pan. Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce Olive Oil • Vidalia Onion (diced) • Jalapeño Pepper (diced) • Salt • Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage (removed from casings) • Anaheim Peppers • Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese • Water (boiling) This is excellent! Top with half of the raw meat, breaking up the meat into small pieces as you spread it over the tortillas.
Baked Chiles Relleno w/Tortilla Enchilada Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 500°F..
- Cut off the tops of the Anaheim peppers and slice lengthwise down the center to create an opening on one side. Line side-by-side in a baking dish. Blind bake them at 500°F for about 10-15 minutes to help start softening..
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, jalapeño, and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions and jalapeño start to soften. Add turkey sausage and break up. Cook 7-10 minutes, stirring often until meat is no longer pink..
- In a blender, add dried guajillo peppers, water, garlic, and cucumber. Let steep for 20 minutes. Once steeped, pour out all but 1 1/2 cups of the water. Add remaining sauce ingredients and blend 1-2 minutes or until smooth..
- Fill Anaheim peppers with sausage mixture until full..
- Pass the sauce through a strainer to remove bits of unblended pepper and tortilla chips. Top filled peppers evenly with sauce..
- Bake in a 500°F oven for 15 minutes. Top evenly with cheddar and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown..
Add half of the green chiles, half of the enchilada sauce and half of the cheese. If you've used a chicken or beef filling, top that with shredded cheese. Fold one side over, then the other side. Layers of cheese, ground beef, corn tortillas, and of course green chilis make this casserole a quick family favorite. No stuffing of peppers required, this is a very quick and easy casserole that gives you all the flavors of chili rellenos with hardly any of the work.