Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸. Great recipe for Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸. There are so many versions of the Colonel's classic recipe, I thought I'd have a crack too. I decided to poach the chicken first so that it remains moist, requires less cooking in the fryer, and absorbs less oil.
During marination mix enough amount of salt otherwise it could be tasteless. Don,t over fry the chicken pieces. Before removing from the frying pan make sure all sides are cooked well. You can cook Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸 using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸
- Prepare 2 of chicken portions (I'm using a drumstick and a thigh).
- You need 400 ml of milk.
- It’s 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary (optional).
- It’s 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- You need 2-3 litres of oil for deep frying (preferably rapeseed or groundnut.
- It’s of ❇ ⚪ ❇.
- Prepare of ✴ 11 Herbs and Spices ✴.
- It’s 4 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of MSG.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of garlic powder/granules.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried parsley.
I hope, now you can easily make this KFC style chicken recipe at your. KFC's chicken isn't any more complicated than most fried chicken recipes, although it does contain more ingredients. Here we give some general tips to make a good batter mixture for KFC-style fried chicken that you should take into account before starting: Use a bowl or deep dish to place the flour. Sift flour to prevent lumps from forming.
Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸 step by step
- Add all the herbs and spices to a jar and shake well..
- Combine the seasoning with 1 cup flour, and shake again until thoroughly mixed.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a gentle simmer, and add the rosemary if using.. Poach the chicken in the milk for 20 to 25 minutes with the pan covered, turning halfway through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Allow to rest and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 180° C (355° F).
- Dip chicken into the beaten egg, then in to the breading mix. Repeat.
- Fry the chicken for 5-7 minutes until the breading is crispy and golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Pierce the chicken with a skewer or a fork. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked. If the juices run pink, put back in the fryer for another 2-3 minutes then test again.
- Serve with beans, fries, and/or coleslaw.
Cover your hands when handling chicken or use any utensil, but do not pinch the meat. Toss the piece of chicken to remove excess flour. Toss the chicken in the hot oil. The seasonings are wonderfully tasty, especially since this is a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. So if you are a KFC lover then this chicken is for you!