Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸. Great recipe for Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸. There are so many versions of the Colonel's classic recipe, I thought I'd have a crack too. I decided to poach the chicken first so that it remains moist, requires less cooking in the fryer, and absorbs less oil.
During marination mix enough amount of salt otherwise it could be tasteless. Don,t over fry the chicken pieces. Before removing from the frying pan make sure all sides are cooked well. You can cook Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸 using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸
- It’s of chicken portions (I'm using a drumstick and a thigh).
- You need of milk.
- It’s of fresh rosemary (optional).
- Prepare of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s of plain flour.
- You need of oil for deep frying (preferably rapeseed or groundnut.
- You need of ❇ ⚪ ❇.
- Prepare of ✴ 11 Herbs and Spices ✴.
- It’s of paprika.
- It’s of MSG.
- You need of garlic powder/granules.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of mustard powder.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of dried sage.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of dried parsley.
I hope, now you can easily make this KFC style chicken recipe at your. KFC's chicken isn't any more complicated than most fried chicken recipes, although it does contain more ingredients. Once the chicken is marinated, dip it in the beaten egg so that, once added to the batter mixture, it sticks well. Dip the chicken in this mixture and place on a tray; this way, it'll acquire that peculiar and irregular surface that characterizes KFC-style chicken.
Tex's KFC Style Fried Chicken 🍗🌿🇺🇸 instructions
- Add all the herbs and spices to a jar and shake well..
- Combine the seasoning with 1 cup flour, and shake again until thoroughly mixed.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a gentle simmer, and add the rosemary if using.. Poach the chicken in the milk for 20 to 25 minutes with the pan covered, turning halfway through.
- Remove chicken from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Allow to rest and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 180° C (355° F).
- Dip chicken into the beaten egg, then in to the breading mix. Repeat.
- Fry the chicken for 5-7 minutes until the breading is crispy and golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Pierce the chicken with a skewer or a fork. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked. If the juices run pink, put back in the fryer for another 2-3 minutes then test again.
- Serve with beans, fries, and/or coleslaw.
The seasonings are wonderfully tasty, especially since this is a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. So if you are a KFC lover then this chicken is for you! Delicious Rating: I think it tastes dead on to KFC's original fried chicken recipe, maybe just a little bit better? Okay, all jokes aside, this is some good chicken. I love crispy skin and this definitely delivered.