Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken. Now you can make the best ever fried chicken at home. Forget KFC, this fried chicken recipe will blow you away and I'm sure will be your favourite. These are spicy karaage with homemade karaage powder.
If you decide to skip the. Forget KFC, this fried chicken recipe will blow you away and I'm sure will be your favourite. Just the right amount of spices without overdoing it. You can have Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken drumettes – the first (thickest) joint of a chicken wing.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Egg.
- You need of Milk.
- It’s of Homemade Spicy Karaage Powder.
- You need of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Nutmeg.
- You need of Allspice.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- You need of Cumin.
The chicken is marinated in milk, yogurt and spices to tenderise the meat making it super juicy and flavourful. The coating is crispy, crunchy to die for! You need of Homemade Spicy Karaage Powder. Great recipe for Better than KFC!?
Better than KFC!? Spicy Chicken instructions
- Season the chicken drumettes with salt and pepper and let sit for 10 minutes or more..
- Combine the spices. Photo: Starting from the top and to the right – salt, nutmeg, allspice, garlic powder, pepper, cumin..
- Combine the spices with the flour..
- Place the chicken in a steaming basket that can be used in a pressure cooker. Place the steaming basket in the pressure cooker and cover with the lid. Turn on the pressure..
- Once it begins to boil and the top spins, leave it as is for 10 minutes. Stop the heat and then leave it until the pressure releases (it will cook in residual heat for about 10 minutes)..
- They are done steaming. Since they are quite tender, handle carefully..
- Line them up in a shallow metal tray to cool..
- Once cooled, coat them with the combined egg and milk mixture. Cover them with karaage powder. Leave them for 10 minutes so that the powder can settle and the seasoning can penetrate the chicken..
- Deep-fry the chicken in 190°C oil until nicely browned. It should take about 1.5-2 minutes..
- After they are fried, drain the oil well..
- Arrange on a plate and they're done!.
- Here is a recipe for Juicy Chinese-style Karaage.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/152795-juicy-karaage-made-with-chicken-drumsticks.
These are spicy karaage with homemade karaage powder. They're similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Since deep-frying the chicken for a long time will make them tough, it's best to fry them at a high heat for a short time. If you plan to have them. Remove and place over a wire rack for the fat to drip.