Authentic KFC-Style Fried Chicken. Coating Beat an egg and pour it in a bowl. Add ¼th cup of milk with it. Combine all-purpose flour, cornflour, corn flakes powder, bread crumbs, mix-herbs, and garam masala in another bowl.
Some insist that you should let the coated chicken sit before frying. Their rule is "from flour to fryer." Bread your chicken by first dipping in an egg-milk wash then dipping in the secret spice blend mixed with two cups of flour. From there, go right into the fryer. You can have Authentic KFC-Style Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic KFC-Style Fried Chicken
- Prepare of around 800 grams Chicken (whatever cut you like).
- You need of ○Salt.
- It’s of ○Water.
- You need of shakes ○Black pepper.
- Prepare of ○Garlic (grated).
- Prepare of knob ○Ginger (grated).
- You need of ●Corn Starch (or katakuriko).
- Prepare of ●Egg.
- Prepare of ●Milk.
- Prepare of □Cake flour.
- You need of □Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s of □Salt.
- Prepare of □Allspice.
- It’s of shakes each □White pepper, black pepper.
If you allow the breading to sit on the chicken for too long, you might. Place chicken in hot oil, not overcrowding, maybe four pieces in first batch. Fry for eight minutes and turn over. Fry for an additional eight minutes.
Authentic KFC-Style Fried Chicken step by step
- Pierce the chicken in several spots with a fork to release the water, place in a plastic bag with the ○ ingredients and rub it in. Squeeze out the air from the bag and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours to marinate..
- Mix • and □ ingredients in separate bowls..
- Fill a frying pan a third of the way up with oil and warm it up, then add 2 tablespoons of lard (not listed). You can use shortening if it is unavailable. It tastes better if you use it, but it's okay if you don't have it..
- Wipe off the moisture from Step 1, dip into the • ingredients and then the □ bowls. Fry both sides at 180℃ for 5 minutes each, then turn up the heat to high and fry for about 40~50~60 seconds..
- This time I used 600 g chicken wings, then combined the leftover • and □ and fried the cartilage. It was crispy, and the kids loved it..
The oil needs to be deep enough so that you can submerge the chicken pieces. You can use another neutral-tasting oil. Accent, or MSG, adds authentic flavor, so do not eliminate it if you want your chicken to closely resemble the original KFC recipe. Heat a deep pan, using approximately ½ liter of oil for frying. Note that cooking chicken in a fryer gives it a more accurate result.